WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
Our teams have been working diligently behind the scenes to ensure your Online and Mobile Banking
conversion experience is as smooth as possible.
First Southern National Bank’s Online and Mobile Banking system is designed to respond to your
needs and be easy to use. Whether you want to access your accounts from your desktop, tablet or
smartphone, you’ll have access to the latest technology and the best security available. We are
especially excited to share that, after conversion, you’ll be able to access both systems with a single
set of login credentials.
On July 27, you will have one set of login credentials for Online and Mobile Banking
In preparation for the upcoming system conversion, we need to make you aware of some very
important dates that will impact your Online and Mobile Banking experience in the short term.
Friday, July 17
• This is the last day you will receive e-bills via Online Banking. You will need to pre-pay or make other
arrangements to receive bills from vendors after July 17. You can plan to reconnect with vendors after
July 27. Merchants who attempt to send you an e-bill on or after July 17 will receive notification that
the e-bill was not delivered.
• New Bill Pay payees and Online Bill Payments may no longer be added or scheduled after July 17.
Payments previously scheduled for processing between July 17 and July 24 will be honored.
• Internal transfers between accounts may not be scheduled to complete on or after July 17.
July 17 – July 27
• Online Bill Pay and Online Banking Transfer functions will be temporarily unavailable. If you need
assistance checking your balance, account activity or need to move money between accounts during
this window of time, we welcome your call at 270-754-3300, or visit any local branch.
• Quicken users will receive important instructions at their next login. Please make plans to sync your
Quicken transaction data between July 17 and July 27.
Prior to July 24
• For your convenience, you may want to save your Bill Payment history for future reference. Your
established Bill Pay payees will transfer to the First Southern Online Banking system; however, Bill
Payment history will not.
Friday, July 24 – Close of Business Day
• Online Banking from First National will no longer be available.
• First National Mobile Banking app will no longer be available.
Monday, July 27
• Visit www.fsnb.net to access your accounts via First Southern National Bank’s Online Banking
system and Mobile Banking apps. Mobile Banking users must first establish credentials by visiting
www.fsnb.net prior to accessing account information via the Mobile Banking app.
• Once you log in, please check your Bill Pay payees and internal transfers using the account history
you printed or saved before the transition to First Southern National Bank. You will also want to
reestablish any e-bills you wish to receive.
Our team will do everything possible to serve you with excellence during this period of transition
and temporary downtime, and we certainly appreciate your patience. We can’t wait to introduce to
you First Southern National Bank’s Online and Mobile Banking services.
- Last day you will receive e-bills. Plan to reconnect with payees after July 27
- New payees and payments may not be added or scheduled after July 17
- Internal transfers may not be scheduled to complete on or after July 17
July 17 July 27
- Online Bill Pay and Online Banking Transfers are unavailable
- Online Banking access will be restricted to view only
- Quicken users will receive important information when they sync accounts
Save your Bill Payment history for future reference. Payees will transfer to
First Southern’s Online Banking system but bill payment history will not.
- First National Online Banking will no longer be available
- First National Mobile Banking will no longer be available
- First Southern National Bank’s Online and Mobile Banking will be available
- Please login to Online Banking before using the Mobile App
- Check payees, internal transfers and reestablish e-bills
Items you may want to print or save prior to conversion:
Online Statements | Bill Pay History | Quicken Transaction Data