Antivirus - Marshall University
Marshall University campus license for Symantec products allows our students, faculty and staff to install the Endpoint Protection
(anti-virus/anti-malware) product on their personally-owned computers. Please use the following instructions to download and
install Symantec Antivirus Protection.
1. Go to www.marshall.edu/antivirus
2. Select the Unmanaged version if installing on an off-campus or personal computer
3. Select the Managed version if installing on a University owned computer.
4. Select the appropriate download for your system.
* If you are unsure if you have 32 or 64 bit on your Windows based computer
simply press the Windows Key and the Pause/Break key at the same time. This
will bring up the System Properties Window. It will display what version you
are currently running.
5. Press Download
6. You will be prompted for your MUNet login credentials.
* NOTE: you must enter your username with “ marshall\ ” in front as shown in the
example to the left
7. Press Open
8. Press Allow
9. Double click the Setup File to begin installation.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
Last Revision 7.30.2011