Kenjah press kit English 2014
R E S U M E PARIS-TOKYO -NYC
Date of birth
August , 22 ,1975
France ( Paris )
655 , 2nd ave apt 2#B, New York 10016
917 703 3243
Singer/songwriter, Author & Composer, Guitarist, World
Entertainer & MC n, Designer.
- Music mix & prog ramming, music videos productio
- Fluent & sings in 5 languages :
French - English - Japanese - Spanish - Mauritius island creo
17 years of life in Europa Africa Asia around music ... Over
- Education :
- 1996/1997 LCE languages & foreign civilizations ( La Sorbonne Paris ) - 1996 ATLA music school professional vocation cycle ( Paris 18 )
- Performing arts ( Benares, India ) !
- Master Classes
: Ravi Magnifique - Andre Reyes - Mamadi Keita - Pandit Lal Mani Mishra, Premlata Sharma, Jino
- Music Certification : - ATLA pro music school Paris diploma 1997 - Teaching experience : - Vocal & World percussions teacher in Tokyo & Sapporo Japan, - Coaching private lessons for stage approach Sapporo Japan ,
- Solo Experience :
- 2004/2012 performed over 2000 live shows at Gaja Restaurant Susukino Sapporo Japan (280 seats)
- Over 150 Diner shows and weddings for : Music Kikaku Sapporo Japan and many other Live bars
- Japan : Rising sun rock festival, Naturalizum, Reggae festa
- and many others in Japanese concert halls : Kyo Iku Bunka Kaikan, Kraps hall, Zepp, King Xhmu,
Moerenuma Pyramide, Duce ...
- India : festival of Sankat Mochan (Benares india)
- Senegal : Bonnaroo Music Festival Dakar , december 2002 World Festival of Black Arts Dakar
- Morocco : Le Festival Gnaoua et des musiques du Monde d'Essaouira
- Denmark : Roskilde festival 2000, Skagen festival,, Amsterdam Roots festival Holland.
- Mauritius island : Sofe Ravanne
- Band experiences :
- 2009 Founded the acoustic Iration band,
- Collaborations : - Erik Hargrove Drum ( ex James Brown drummer ) - Mamadou Lo perc ( for
Kazumi Watanabe, Stevie Wonder ) - Sumi Ken piano - Kamasuzu Toru bass - Ossamu Sakurai
guitar, Jimmy Lopez ( Fishbones )
- Recordings : - Panama studio : 73 commercial songs , including tv commercials for HBC STV Japan,
- Riccio studio : japanese tv drama , video games : including Super Mario DDR Game Cube
- Professional Leadership
Initiated & conducted Master classes “Origins of the world musics” in the universities of : Okinawa
international university, Tokyo international university, Fujii university, Sapporo international unversity.
- Compositions/Arrangements : ( Original songs - Albums composed written arranged mixed by
- 1st album Undercover : The backpacker - Right shoes - Undercover - Papa Lion - Rainfall village - - Sunbang - Callawar - Wild Seggae night - Ou t etais ? -
- 2nd album Global Warning : The track maker - Natural Woman - No curse of war -Where is the border
of your love - Concrete for our seeds - Global warning -I dont do de voodoo- Conscience - Blowin our
way - In that heat tonight .
- 3rd album Questions of love : All i can see - You in the crowd - Lucky to love - Living shooting star Dreams of a new reality - Electric Sky - Miles away - Represent the world - Questions of love - The ten
- Other works : Attraction - Sugar cane baby - Way back love - After the Myst - The Naturalizer - Bear in
the town - Escape from someone - Green - Riding the clouds - Slow moon love- Afrosia. - Related Experience : 10 years of mixing experience, 3 albums entirely self produced .
- Other Experience & Non-Music Related Work
languages spoken & written : French, English, Spanish, Japanese, Mauritius creole - Basic acting skills - College first, second, third grade, Lycee La Fontaine Paris France
- Teaching : French & Japanese .
- Critic of art : El Cubo San Sebastian Spain - Hobbies : Dance , martial arts, diving .
- Personal :
- Height : 175 cm - weight : 68 kg
- Eyes : brown /green
Kenjah was Born in Paris, France. His family because of his father s job (anthropologist and art
painter ), lived in many different french cities in France as well as abroad. He started taking some
classical piano lessons from 9 until 15 years old with miss Rouire from the piano academy of Paris
. After 2 years of study at La Sorbonne university of Paris , he goes back to his first love the music
and decides to enter the ATLA professional music school of Paris for a professional vocation cycle
(vocal improvisation, the harmony, the stage approach, the composition, master classes. After getting
the diploma he accepts the invitation of the guitarist Zeel Yadalee and fly to Mauritius island . This will
be the start 17 years of a long tour and life through Africa, Europe and Asia , which will allowed
him to start his music studies with an universal view . Do you speak music ...?
New York 2013 : Selected and booked for shows at : Wha Cafe NY, The Iguana Broadway NY,
Sam’s Ash music store Manhattan, Goodbye Blue Monday Brookyn, Sidewalk cafe, started a new project
and band with Jimmy Lopez ( percussion NY )
Japan 2004 till 2013 : first album “UNDERCOVER” 2007, then GLOBAL WARNING
album in 2010 (indie label Seggaeboy) also used in the movies “Car Danchi 2 & 3” .Professional
musician, over 3000 concets & live show, make music and sing for video games: Nintendo Super
Mario DDR, tv dramas and more than 100 commercials for Panama studio & Riccio studio. He
also performed in many Japanese concert halls (Kyo Iku Bunka Kaikan hall, Kraps hall, Zepp , King
Xhmu, Moerenuma Pyramide, Duce) He continues to take part in the concerts for the O.N.G.become
speaker at TEDX Sapporo .
India & Nepal 2003 till 2004 : Studied at “Performing Arts” of Benares and took part in
the masterclass of Pandit Lal Mani Mishra, and Premlata Sharma, and joined the festival of
Sankat Mochan (Benares). He resided in New Delhi then Dharamsala (provisional residence of
Dalai Lama). He took part in the concerts of assistance to the Tibetan refugees, then moved
towards Nepal from Katmandu to Pokhara, in search of the roots of the Nepalese musical culture.
Senegal Mali & Spain 2001 till 2003 : training of the western traditional African drums
(djembe and bugarabu). Classes of djembe fola M. Keita from the national ballet, then later in
Mali he played with other formations such as Sekouba Bambino and Toumani Diabate . Back to
Spain classes of Rumba Flamenco gipsy guitar rhythms Franky Texier.
Morocco/Mauritania 2001 : The derbouka rhythms techniques and the Gwana trans in
Essaouira, sharing music with artists such as Maalem Mahmoud Gania, he crossed Mauritania
from Nouadibou to Nouakchot and Choum to Attar along the Sahara desert.
Holland Denmark 2000 till 2001: Stage in the Roskilde festival
and Skagen festival in
Denmark, accompanying the band “Radiohead” with the derbouka . Amsterdam roots festival in
Holland. He will also perform on a tour through Denmark introducing the Seggae music concept
from Mauritius island, in the cities of Lonstrup, Skagen, Ebeltof, Esbjerg, Arhus, Odense,
Copenhagen and Christiania.
Indian Ocean 1996 till 2000 : Musician management in 5 stars resorts (Sugar Beach Resort,
hotel Saint Gerant) with some locals celebrities such as Racine nou ancetres Ricardo Louis, Cassiya.
classes & practice of frame drum(Ravanne). Meet the Indian ocean celebrity called Kaya who would
become his mentor of the genre of music called Seggae.