Name of project: JEWISH ZAGREB
Name of project:
• Project leaders: Tomislav Šimić (history
teacher), Maja Orsag (teacher of Croatian
language), Petra Radošević (teacher of English
language) and Marina Grahovac (teacher of
• It is a whole year project that started in
October 2012 and will end in May 2013.
• Goal of project: Students will explore Jewish
Zagreb cultural heritage and will do an
interview with holocaust survivors. In the end
they will gather all information, pictures and
stories and they will do a short movie.
• 12.10.2012. Explanation of the procject.
• 26.10.2012. We went to Zagreb cemetery
Mirogoj and there we explored Jewish part of
• 9.11.2012. Students did a power point
presentation and poster on English and French
about what they saw and what they learned
on Mirogoj cemetery.
• 23.11.2012. Preparation for the first interview
• 07.12.2012. Students did first interview with
• 18.01.2013. We will go to synagogue Bet Israel
and to the place where synagogue was before
it was destroyed in Second World War.
• 01.02.2013. Preparation for the second
• 15.02.2013. Students will do second interview
with holocaust survivor
• 01.03.2013. We will go to Students center
which was the place where the Jews during
Second World War were gathered before they
were taken to concentration camp Jasenovac.
• 15.03.2013. Explaining how to do a movie and
gathering all information, pictures and ideas.
• 12.04./26.04./10.05.2013. Doing the movie.
• 24.05. Evaluation of project.