Poker Kortspel Poang - Wilde Country Rancho
How To Market Your Website
Why a Website?
t i ti off a M
k t bl Sit
How to Market Your Site
• Why I’m
I m not married to Tom Berenger!
• Who will know where you are or what you
have to offer?
If you fail to plan
plan to fail!
Why a Website?
World is changing and expanding
Reach limited people
Limited to space
Limited to time
Accessible to millions
• How much will a website cost to build?
• Many professional services, price can
vary according to expertise
• Learn to do it yourself with programs like
• Have a site built that you can manage
yourself after construction with backup!
Characteristics of a Marketable
W b i
If you build it,
They will come!
• Your site should be attractive, capture attention and create
• Create a brand, logo, theme, that represent you and the
image you want to project and have attached to you.
“b d name”” is
d i i
thatt name will
• Use specific graphics and photos
• Be proactive: use action verbs, motivate visitors to act:
i it come b
• Appeal to emotions: facts tell, stories sell:
where appropriate share personal stories
• The site should be user friendly, easy to move between pages
• Include useful information where appropriate
• Offer credit card services if possible
• Have your site interactive: viewers should be able to
email you through the site
• Blogging is fun, and the search engines look for sites that
are updated daily. Post your thoughts and let others post
theirs. Many free blog set up services.
• Chat rooms enable viewers to carry on email
conversations through your site
• Offer specials from time to time, draws and updates that
p back often.
• Be credible! Don’t embellish the truth, don’t make
outlandish claims. Explain how your product/service can
solve your customer’s
customer s problems and full their need/want
• Use testimonials!
• Try to think like your target audience
• Check out other sites for ideas, know your competition!
• Get started
– Choose Domain name (should include keyword)
– Choose a Host (stores and displays your site)
• Find one by personal referral or search on-line for web hosting
• Host services could include: sell and register domain names, build
website. host files such as webpage's, blogs, shopping carts, chat
rooms, And provide search engine optimization (having the search
engine find your site)
• Why My Host – Go Daddy
• Referred by my computer tech, Colin
Cheap! Easy to switch to
Off d many services:
• site building, offers many email addresses, technical
blogging shopping carts
carts, registers you with
Google, and offers search engine optimization: Traffic
Blazer, always up!
– Design the Site
• Collect all information need to create site
site, such as picture texts
graphs, movies, sound.
• Organize it into categories such as” females” then this category can
be turned into a page.
– Building the Site
– Elements that optimize Search Engine Optimization
• Things your sites should have
– Keywords, Keyword phrases, Keywords, Keyword phrases!
– Keyword are the words that are most important and germane to your
b tt example
l packk llllama, surii llllama, wcr llllamas.
Shoes ( too much competition) leather shoes etc.
– Keywords should be in your title, meta tags (descriptions) and body of
text. Use often but must make sense.
– Title is the most important element on your site!
The title should include your keywords and not be longer than 50-80
characters. Use all capital letters.
– Search engines search for keywords!
– Have as many links to other specific related sites as possible.
– Blogs if kept current help rankings
• Website elements that limit search engine
ti i ti !
p y frames on one p
g make it difficult for search engine
record all the information on one page, use single frames
• Databases embedded in web p
g can’t be searched easily
– Flash and Java
• Don’t over use, they are not read by search engines
– Images and Images maps
• Text inside images can not be read by search engines. But! Tagging
the images give you the option of having keyword with that image.
Extra Optimization tips
http://www submit it com/subopt htm
How to Market Your Site
• Advertise in Print
Topic related magazines
Direct mail outs
M k ti
Create email list and mail out the list yourself
Optimize your keywords
Buy Key words
Hire a Search Engine optimizer (SEO)
Buying and Hiring
• Buying keywords
– Go to search engine sites and buy important words that will
direct people to your site. Pay per click, the rate you pay for
a key word so that your page is ranked higher
depending on the word’s popularity (sex isn’t cheap!)
– Buying keywords can place your site on dedicated or
preferred space on the search engine main pages
– Google ad words
– Overture (yahoo)
li k” ffor more sites
• There are manyy directories that list websites and
the more your website is listed the better your
chances at ranking.
d some charge
Paid will try to get a higher ranking. Make sure
they are reputable
• Check out www.dmoz.org to list. Check out other
directories as well.
• Craigslist .com very popular. Yellowpages.com
charges but offers rankings.
• Submitting articles you have written that
include your web address and keywords
can get you ranked higher
higher. Some are free
and some will charge a fee.
• Some to check out:
• Livejournal.com, ezine articles.com
• Go articles.com , e-syndicate.com
Submission to Search Engines
• Submit your site to the search engines
google, yahoo, msn
• Click on submit express
com and the
directions will guide you to submission,
• Check out google site guy.com and get
ti on ranking.
Hiring a SEO
• What SEO’s do? ((Search Engine
– They attempt to get you a higher ranking with the
search engines and try to put you at the top of the
website list by submitting you to a larger number of
– They can evaluate and optimize your site for web
– NO! SEO can guaranty you #1 or first page listing.
p around for a reliable SEO! Just type
yp in SEO
• Cautionary tips
• Evaluate your website’s
website s marketing
effectiveness often. You can check stats.
• Make changes when needed to your
up allll contacts
t t and
through your site quickly and efficiently.
• Keep in touch with your contacts and keep
them coming back to your site often!