HCANJ RiskCure Brochure
AmWINS Healthcare_HCANJ RiskCure_Layout 1 9/30/2011 10:52 AM Page 1
advantages for HCaNJ members:
• Demonstrated commitment to quality care
• Premium reductions
• Improved claims defense capabilities
• Accurate MDS coding and appropriate
QuICk FaCTs aBouT
amWINs GrouP, INC.
• We are the largest property & casualty
wholesale insurance broker in the country
• We conduct business in over 70 offices
across 17 countries, including 50 locations
throughout the U.S.
LTC Liability Insurance Program
• Our groups are comprised of over 2,000
Top-rated Insurance Carrier:
• CIMI Pro writing on A.M. Best “A” rated
• Rating methodology directly linked to a
facility’s quality of care resulting in lower
• Our companies combine to produce
premiums in excess of $5.7 billion.
• We represent an impressive cross-section in
the standard and E&S marketplace through
four core divisions: Brokerage, Underwriting,
Group Benefits and International.
and stable premiums for the best providers
Senior Vice President
660 Newtown-Yardley Rd.
Newtown, PA 18940
E [email protected]
Better Premiums for Better Care
AmWINS Healthcare_HCANJ RiskCure_Layout 1 9/30/2011 10:52 AM Page 2
In the effort to help
facilities cope with everincreasing financial
pressures, the HCANJ has
developed a preferred long term care liability
insurance program exclusively available to
The program has two specific objectives:
finding more affordable insurance for
outstanding facilities, and offering
under-performing facilities a pathway to
improve and take advantage of lower
To provide superior risk solutions to long term care
providers through the utilization of advanced methods of
assessing, managing, and defending long term care
THE rIskCurE aPProaCH
Using statistical analysis and strategic data collection,
RiskCure identifies long term care providers that
consistently achieve high levels of clinical and
operational performance. Working with the program’s
insurance underwriters, CIMI Pro, we offer these facilities
liability rates that reflect their lower risk. Additionally,
RiskCure offers tools that provide ongoing analysis of
patient data for the purposes of improving financial,
clinical, and risk management results. These analytical
services are provided by PointRight Inc; a nationally
recognized provider of data analytics and quality
improvement services for long term care providers.
It’s a complete turnkey solution. HCANJ RiskCure
manages all aspects of the program, making it easy for
both the retail agent and the long term care provider.
HCaNJ riskCure offerings:
• General Liability Coverage – occurrence and
• Professional Liability Coverage – claims made
• Ongoing monitoring and risk management services
- Accurate MDS assessments and reimbursement
- Regulatory compliance
- Improved clinical outcomes
- Insurance rates and terms that reward preferred risk
Exclusive Benefits for HCaNJ members:
• Preferred pricing on liability insurance premiums:
- All members will receive a discount of between
10% and 25% off already competitive rates,
depending on the risk characteristics of the facility.
- In addition, members that purchase analytic
services from PointRight will receive up to an
additional 6% discount on their insurance
• Discounted pricing on PointRight’s industry-leading
services including a state-of-the-art, data-driven
approach to uninterrupted risk management.
• Once program premium reaches and maintains a
level of at least $2 million, members may be able to
participate in a dividend plan based on loss
experience of the program.
• Higher limits for administrators at no extra cost
($200,000 limit vs. standard limit of $100,000). This is
individual protection beyond the coverage provided
under the facility limits.
• Increased coverage limits on evacuation
reimbursement, public relations coverage and
resident loss of property coverage at no additional cost.
• Paperless renewal processing – members will have
their insurance renewed without having to fill out
applications and provide survey histories.
aBouT amWINs HEaLTHCarE
• An AmWINS Group company, the nation’s leading
• Specializing in advanced risk solutions for healthcare
• Leading provider of data-driven analytics and decision
support services to long term care, assisted living and
• Expert in data collection, data management, benchmarking and construction of novel variables highly
correlated with professional liability risk