Shrine Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Manaoag

Comments

Transcription

Shrine Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Manaoag
Shrine Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Manaoag
13/12/2015
Manaoag
Priory of Or Lady of the Rosary, Manaoag, 2430 Pangasinan - Manaoag - Philippines
The Dominicans started the mission at Manaoag on 1605. Since then the Image of Our Lady of the
Rosary of Manaoag was placed in the Dominican mission first from Baloquing (which is the present
site of the cemetery) then to its present location. In 1610, Fr. Tomas Jimenez, O.P. took over the
mission as the first resident priest. Since December 8, 1972, the Shrine of Our Lady of Manaoag has
been under the care of the Filipino Dominicans.
April 21, 1926 was the first Canonical Coronation of Our Lady of Manaoag. The Silver Jubilee
Celebration of the Canonical Coronation of Our Lady was held on May 4, 1951. The Coronation's
Golden jubilee was celebrated on May 5, 1976. The Diamond Jubilee Celebration took place on May
2, 2001.
On February 17, 2015 with Archbishop Socrates Villegas, The Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of
Manaoag was granted the status of Minor Basilica.
-1-