Razzleberry - DesignedFourYou
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Double-Crust Pastry (10 inch):
2. For pie crust: Mix flour and salt in
medium bowl. Cut in shortening using
pastry blender until particles are the size
of peas. Sprinkle with cold water 1 tbsp
at a time and tossing with fork until all
flour is moistened and pastry almost
leaves side of bowl. Gather pastry into a
ball. Divide in half and shape into 2
flattened rounds on lightly floured
surface. Wrap flattened rounds in plastic
wrap and refrigerate about 45 minutes.
Roll on lightly floured surface, into
circles 2” larger than upside down
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
7 to 8 tablespoons cold water
Razzleberry Pie Filling:
1 bag of frozen raspberries (thawed)
1 bag frozen blackberries (thawed)
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of melted butter
10” pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths and place in greased pie plate. Unfold and ease
into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
2. Pie filling: make sure that fruit is thawed and dry. In large bowl, mix fruit, sugar, and
flour together. Pour into pie crust.
3. Before adding top layer of crust, cut design into crust10” pie plate for vents. Lay over
pie and moisten edges with water to “glue” the two crusts together. With the back side of
a fork, pinch edges together.
4. Brush melted butter on top of crust and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Cover edges with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove foil
and bake an additional 10 minutes until crust is golden brown,