chicken tikka masala
500g boneless chicken
(cut into small cubes),
1 1⁄2 medium onions (225g),
10g of ginger (fresh),
1 medium garlic clove (fresh),
3 cherry tomatoes,
⁄2 small green pepper,
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Stage 1 (Puree)
1. Cut all the onions into 1⁄4 s, cut the tomatoes into
⁄2 s, chop the green pepper, ginger (pealed), garlic
clove, and a little coriander.
5. Add the chicken with a little warm water (around
100/125 ml) and on full heat bring to boil and then
cook for around 3-4 mins (covered and stirring
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4
tbsp oil, 1⁄2 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water
(around 200/250 ml) covered with lid.
6. Add the yoghurt, sugar and the almond and bring
to boil then cook for around 3-4 mins (covered and
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately
15-20 mins) stirring occasionally.
7. Back to moderate / low heat, leave to simmer
(covered) for 30 mins (stirring occasionally).
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into
8. Add the cream and bring to boil then leave to simmer
for further 10/15 mins (stirring occasionally) or until the
required moisture (add more water if you prefer more
sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid
semi opened for thicker sauce).
Final stage: (curry)
1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Add cardamons and the bay leaves and slowly
3. Add the Mr Huda’s Tikka Masala paste and
cook for a few seconds (stirring continuously).
9. Once cooking is over add the butter or ghee, stir
and leave the curry to settle for 10/15 mins before
serving and garnish with a little cream on top.
11 tbsp veg/olive oil,
⁄2 tsp turmeric,
6 tsp (40g)
Mr Huda’s Tikka Masala Paste,
3 or 4 cardamons,
2 bay leaves (if available),
40g fine ground almond powder,
7 tsp white sugar,
5 tbsp natural yoghurt,
150 ml fresh single cream,
2 knobs of butter or ghee,
Fresh coriander (if available).
TIPS: If you prefer a milder masala add a little more
cream and sugar.
4. Add the ready blended puree and cook for further
3-4 mins (stirring occasionally, covered).
Surma Secret Spices Ltd.
161 Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe,North Lincolnshire. DN15 7NH.
Tel: 01724 335492
Fax: 01724 335492