BRIAN S. JOURIS
5 Chestnut Place, Framingham MA 01701
Email: [email protected]
GRAPHIC AND WEB DESIGNER
Graphic and Web Design Professional Certificate
Boston University, Center for Digital Imaging Arts (BUCDIA) Waltham, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts
Framingham State University, Framingham, MA
Ability to apply graphic design principles to produce print documents and digital media.
Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
Motivated-driven learner with a positive attitude; able to work as a member of a team or independently.
Possess strong, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with staff and clients professionally.
* Adobe Creative Suite 5
* Adobe Dreamweaver
* Adobe Photoshop
* Adobe Illustrator
Adobe InDesign * Microsoft Word
Adobe Fireworks * Microsoft Excel
HTML & CSS
* WordPress * PHP 5.0
* Adobe Flash * Act! & DBA
Volunteer, SMD Live LLC, Boston, MA
* Assisted management to promote artist by producing marketing materials to increase sales by 10%.
* Captured live performances utilizing video and still camera; increased fan base on social media outlets.
Graphic Design Intern, Esente Music Group, Beverly, MA
* Created CD covers, web banners for bands, anti-bullying flyers and drinking & driving campaign posters.
* Co-produced music digital CD and researched Internet to locate new talent for CD.
Freelance Designer, Jourisdiction Designs, Framingham, MA
* Increased public awareness by 100% with a logo for the Town of Littleton 300th Anniversary celebration.
* Designed Certificate of Appreciation, award certificates and logos for U.S. Army Reserve units.
* Produced posters to assist promote annual car club event; attendee list rose by 25%.
* Developed marketing materials; elevated social awareness and attendance for local organizations.
* Improved aesthetics by 80% with client; provided a large-scale design for kiosk at Boston Logan Airport.
Web Designer, Genuine Voices, Needham Heights, MA
* Redesigned Web site for non-profit organization as part of a team; increased traffic by 50%.
* Assisted team member to generate an instructional manual on how to use WordPress for client.
Team Leader / Senior Instructor-writer, U.S. Army Reserves, Attleboro and Ayer, MA
* Generated PowerPoint slide shows for training classes and lectures; strengthened Soldier’s skills by 50%.
* Assisted team members with assignments, increased team productivity and met deadlines by 75%.
Contractor, Faith Casler Associates, Manpower, OfficeTeam, AccountPros
Positions held: Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Data Entry Specialist
* Compiled data, checked figures in database and prepared financial documents for an IPO review.
* Screened and directed all incoming phone calls using a multi-line phone system.
Contractor, Faith Casler Associates, Natick, MA
Positions held: Human Resources Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Administrator Coordinator
* Resourced job candidates for recruiter; met goal six months ahead of scheduled deadline.
* Revised a 12-page manual; provided congruity and allowed staff to complete tasks faster by 35%.