system - Acclaim Federal Credit Union
A Q UA R T E R LY N E W S L E T T E R F O R A C C L A I M F E D E R A L C R E D I T U N I O N M E M B E R S
V O L . 1 2 • S E C O N D Q UA RT E R • SU M M E R 2 0 1 4
July 31st August 4
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: UPCOMING SYSTEM CONVERSIONThere will be a short-term service disruption
from July 31st to August 4th.
Once completed, this conversion will only enhance your credit union
experience. We apologize for any inconveniences and thank you in
advance for your patience.
For more information or questions, call 888-794-1001 Option 3 for
Member Services or visit
to view a PDF document that includes details of what services will be
available and unavailable.
We are looking at making this
change in a few more months,
so keep your eye out for our new
site! You will still visit
when the new website is live,
you’ll be on our fresh, new site!
We’re Also Updating Our Homepage!!
***Please let us know of any problems you may be experiencing when visiting our
new site by emailing [email protected]***
LAST BIG EMENT
Effective August 1, 2014 Acclaim FCU’s
Fee Schedule and Membership & Account Agreement will be changing.
Any transactions completed after this date on your account(s) will be considered as your acceptance of
these changes. To view a copy or to receive a copy of these changes, please do one of the following:
* Visit our website at www.AcclaimFCU.org
* Call our Member Services Department at 1-888-794-1001, option 3
* Visit our office located at 1823 Banking Street, Greensboro, NC 27408
Second Quarter-Summer 2014
Labor Day: Monday, September 1 • Columbus Day: Monday, October 13
Veterans’ Day: Tuesday, November 11 • Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 27 & Friday, November 28
Visit Your Credit Union When Life Changes
Life changes require more than an emotional
adjustment--they require a visit to Acclaim FCU.
Death of a spouse or parent
* Decide if you’re going to pool your
assets or maintain separate share draft/
checking or savings accounts. See your
credit union representative for help
once you’ve made that decision and to
open these accounts.
* Inform all creditors, including
Acclaim, of the death.
* Cancel any automatic or online bill
paying services unless you’ll continue
to use them.
* If you have a credit card issued
by Acclaim, notify us of your name
Expecting a new baby (birth or
* Update beneficiaries on your IRAs
(individual retirement accounts) and
* Remember to visit Acclaim once
your new bundle of joy arrives to
open a Kirby Kangaroo Account. The
Kirby Kangaroo Account is designed
for children between the ages of 0-12.
Once they reach 13, we convert them
* Acclaim can help you examine over to a Claim Your Youth Account
financial accounts and determine to help teach them even more about
where you stand financially.
* Visit the credit union to open and
fund a share draft/checking and
savings account in your own name.
Get a credit card in your own name
and manage it carefully.
Prevent Identity Theft When Traveling
As you make your travel plans, plan how you’ll keep your personal information safe. When you’re away from home, distractions become opportunities for
thieves who are looking for ways to steal your identity. Don’t let them ruin your vacation.
These simple steps can save you hours of frustration and hundreds of dollars or more. Before you go:
• Have your mail collected or held at the post office.
• Don’t blog, tweet, or post your travel plans on social networking sites.
• Decide which credit cards you’ll take (as few as possible) and how you’ll stash a backup in case one is lost, stolen, or canceled.
• Make a list of important phone numbers, including the numbers of Acclaim FCU and other credit card issuers.
• At home, make sure your financial documents aren’t sitting in plain view.
Use your QR code reader to scan here and get the
free Invest in America app to validate your credit
talk about savings.
For business accounts, visit a Sprint store. To find a
location near you, go to www.sprintstorelocator.com.
say hello to the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount.
on select regularly priced personal service plans*
Use Corporate ID: NACUC_ZZM
P.O. Box 29527
Greensboro, NC 27429
• Waived activation fee on new lines (Up to $36 in savings)
• Waived upgrade fee (Up to $36 in savings)
on select regularly priced business accounts*
Use Corporate ID: NACUC_ZDS_ZZM
Call 877.SAVE.4.CU and tell them you’re a
credit union member and ask to be attached
to either Corporate ID to start saving today!
Lost/Stolen Credit Card: 800.808.7230
Lost/Stolen Debit Card: 888.241.2510
Admin Fax: 336.332.4103
Loan Fax: 336.332.5965
Mbr Service Fax: 336.332.4573
2013 Sprint Item #800-22
©2013 CU Solutions Group 041013 1526
*Application of discount requires 2-year contract extension on existing plans.
Verification of membership is required at time of activation/upgrade.
Discount does not apply to secondary lines.
All rights reserved. Sprint, the logo, and other trademarks are the trademarks of Sprint Nextel.
For a complete update on the rules of the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount program,
please visit www.lovemycreditunion.org/Sprint.