SOQ Cokel-2.pages - CAPFT - College of Alberta Professional
Environmental Monitor/ Inspector
Cokel Forestry • Lands • Environmental is
excited to offer an opportunity for you to join our
team. Due to Cokel's continued growth we are
seeking Individuals to fill several Environmental
Monitors / Inspectors for both Pipeline and
Powerline projects throughout Western Canada.
We need people with BC and AB experience
immediately! These Environmental Monitors /
Inspectors will work with field crew leaders and
project managers to ensure environmental
compliance of project activities with all relevant
provincial and federal environmental, legislative
and regulatory requirements.
A. To assist the Construction Environmental Coordinator, Project Managers, and Technical/Field staff
• Understanding the regulatory permits and approvals associated with the proposed Project and Project
environmental management documentation.
• Conducting environmental construction monitoring tasks.Providing environmental monitoring advice to
the Construction Environmental Coordinator, Project Managers, and Technical Staff.
• Adhering to our clients Standard Operating Protocols, Procedures and Approvals for environmental
compliance and Environmental/construction monitoring and coordination environmental monitoring
• Providing guidance and recommendations to mitigate Environmental/Construction activities.
• Reviewing environmental construction monitoring reports from Technical/Field staff.
• Documenting environmental monitoring activities (field notes, photos, etc.) including the preparation of
daily environmental monitoring reports.
B. Environmental Monitors will observe the environment and associated impacts of industrial activities:
• Observing, Recording, Communicating and Archiving this information to our clients in order to minimize
negative environmental impacts. As an Environmental Monitor / Inspector you will seek to identify
environmental impacts before they cause irreversible harm and also determine if mitigation is effective.
- A degree or certificate/diploma; Environmental Education from a recognized College, University, or trade
school; in Environmental Science, Forestry, Reclamation or a closely related subject (e.g., engineering)
supported by appropriate training.
- A professional designation is an asset (P.Ag, R.P.Bio, R.P.F, R.P.F.T, P.Geol, P.Eng or AsTc).
- Minimum 2 years of construction environmental monitoring in a professional capacity.
- Experience in sediment and erosion control design and/or environmental monitoring for construction projects.
- Knowledge of the Alberta and BC Water Act and experience monitoring in-stream work is required.
- Knowledge of Water Course Crossing Codes of Practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and an excellent driving record;
- Safety certifications, First Aid, TDG, WHMIS, ATV/Snowmobile Training, Bear/Wildlife Awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to establish goals and objectives as well as organizational, presentation and coaching skills;
-Superior verbal and written communication;
-Evidence of working independently and as a self-starter;
-Pleasant demeanour with an unwavering commitment to environmental health and safety;
-Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Excel, powerpoint and Adobe.
If you're ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity,
please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]