Ruffled Rose Tutorial Your cake can be beautifully embellished with
Ruffled Rose Tutorial
Your cake can be beautifully embellished with this easy to make and gorgeously romantic edible
ruffle rose made form edible sugar based gum paste.
You will need:
Non-stick Rolling Pin
Edible Gum Paste (Or Edible flower paste)
Corn flour in shaker
Blossom Cutter Set
Flower foam pad
Edible Silver Cachous – multiple sizes gives the best texture
Edible piping Gel
Small Paint Brush
Small shallow gem tray
1. Need 100g gum paste until smooth and malleable (100g is enough for 2 ruffle roses)
2. Lightly dust work surface with corn flour
4. Roll out gum paste with non-stick rolling pin until very thin (The gum paste should be thin
enough that you can just see through it)
5. Press Blossom Cutter firmly into rolled out gum paste to create a blossom cut out.
6. Repeat step 4 with all 5 sized blossom cutters
7. Place Blossom cut out onto flower foam pad and firmly press balling tool around the edge
of the blossom to create a ruffled edge.
8. Repeat step 6 for all 5 blossom cut outs.
9. Place the 3 largest ruffled blossom cut outs in small bowls that have been lightly dusted
with corn flour
10. Place the 2 smallest ruffled blossom cut outs into small shallow gem tray that has been
lightly dusted with corn flour. (Plastic versions of these are available on our website)
11. Allow blossoms to dry until they hold their shape
12. Paint a small amount of piping gel into the center of the largest blossom
13. Place the second largest ruffled blossom on top of the largest ruffled blossom, putting
pressure on the center of the rose to ensure the two pieces stick together
14. Repeat steps 11 and 12 for remaining ruffled blossoms.
15. Paint some piping gel into the center of the ruffled rose (approx. the size of a 5 cent piece)
16. Gently drop silver cachous onto piping gel. Using different sized silver cachous creates a
more textured look.
17. Position completed ruffle rose onto cake.