free 1 skill level
Project courtesy of
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores®
Designed by Jodi Nagy
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• White wooden letters: SUN
• 1 pk Plaid® medium spouncer
• FolkArt® acrylic paints: gold yellow, raw sienna
• Wooden sun
• Wood glue
• Small clamp
1. Paint sides of letters with gold yellow paint. Allow to dry.
2. Mix 1 part gold yellow with 2 parts raw sienna.
3. Dip 1" spouncer into paint mixture until covered. Daub circle shapes on letters. Practice on piece of paper first.
4. Use paintbrush to give circles full coverage.
5. Adhere wooden sun to the letter with the wood glue, hold in place with a small clamp until dry.
fun sun letters
Skill Level 1: No experience needed
Approximate Crafting Time: 3 hours
Please read and follow all manufacturers’ instructions for all tools and materials used.
Provide adult supervision if children participate in this project.
©2009 Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.
more projects, tips & techniques at Joann.com®