Recruiting PDF - ip:coming soon
Thanks for your interest, I am sure we would make a great Fleet for you and I would
request that you take a moment of your time and consider joining Darkstar Squadron.
We are more than a fleet, we are also a Star Citizen fan community of friends. I am a
Space Marshal backer of Star Citizen, I bought an Idris Corvette and we were lucky
enough to recruit Ronin who brings in an additional Corvette. The reason I purchased the
Idris, other than to obviously support Chris Roberts and Star Citizen, is that it adds a
whole new dimension to the game for the members of Darkstar Squadron. Additionally,
with that large of an investment, it is very unlikely that we will loose enthusiasm.
We tend to be involved in a lot of activities with a lean towards a good alignment. We
have a group of military veterans, I am one among them, that not only love flight and
space combat simulations, but we can add a whole new level of immersion. I also have a
30 minute interview with Chris Roberts come up soon. If you if have a question that has
been burning in your mind, there may be an opportunity to get your question answered.
Below, there is a section that covers the fleet structure. Do not get too bogged
down with ranks and structure. They are only there to add immersion to
enhance your game experience. Specifically the Joint Operations Division has a
non-military rank structure based upon your reputation within the Fleet. The
Ranks are Operative, Senior Operative and Master Operative. The remaining
divisions have a single rank structure based upon Star Citizen and real life. Ranks
such as Space Marshal, Admiral, Captain, Commander etc.
Below is a summary of the Fleet for your convenience. Please feel free to visit our
website or ask me any questions that you may have.
Summary of Activities
All of the above activities are optional and the what we participate in is not limited to
Member Benefits Summary
• Constant stream of site updates
• Very active and friendly community
• Feeds of all of the latest Star Citizen news
• All of the Wingman’s Hangar episodes
• One of the most complete video, image and interview libraries anywhere
• Facebook page
• Events Calendar
• Very active forums
• Easy to navigate site
• About Us Section
• Ships of the Line – Log of the current ships in the fleet
• Custom Forum Signatures (see examples below)
• Membership Cards and Commission Letter (See below, coming soon)
• Both Mumble and Ventrilo Voice Servers
• Chat system integrated in our site
About Us – General Philosophy
Who We Are
We are a Fleet that strives to improve the game enjoyment of its members by
providing an atmosphere that promotes participation in a fun, low stress and
supportive social environment. You will find that we support our members by
assisting them in achieving any of their goals. We believe that who we are is clearly
reflected by our uncomplicated Rules of Conduct..
Fleet Rules of Conduct
This is why we play the game right? Don't forget that fact.
Help others to have fun!
It's expected that you play to have fun but that does not give you the right to have
fun at other peoples' expense. You should do all that you can to make sure your
friends are having fun as well. Regardless of rank or position no one has the right to
treat another with indignity or disrespect.
With enough time and effort anything in the game is possible. Learn from your
setbacks, work on your goals and be patient.
Real Life Comes First!
We all have events in our lives that interrupt our plans and demand our immediate
attention. Be flexible with those who have had real issues taking them away from the
We do not lie, cheat or steal from others or tolerate those among us who do.
You are free to join any one or more of the following divisions. We are in need of
WingCommanders for each of the divisions below. A friendly rivalry between
Divisions does exist. The effectiveness of a Division Commander is measured by a
number of metrics, knowledge of the specific aspects of the game that they lead,
leadership capability, time availability and most importantly, level of activity/
content generated for our members.
High Command consists of the upper leadership of the Fleet. This
includes the Space Marshal, the Executive Officer, Chief of Staff, Chief
Diplomat and the Special Operations, Combat Operations, Security
Operations and Logistical Operations Commanders.
Commands all of the Combat Space Wings, the Combat Pilot (Top Gun)
Academy and Combat Operations
• Alpha Wing - Elite Fighter Escort (Ship Based)
• Flanker Wing - System Defense (Station Based)
• Top Gun Training Wing – Combat Pilot Academy
Commands all logistical, economic, transportation and
scientific operations, establishes bases, shipyards and depots.
Lightbringer Wing - Forward Base Establishment
Tractor Operations Wing – Resource gathering and mining
Starfinder Wing – Exploration, Surveying and Chartering
Trademaster Wing - Commerce
Commands the Elite Guard used to provide security on the Idris
Command ship, the Marines, internal security and Intelligence
• Elite Guard – Marine Guards, pilots and security personnel who protect members of
the High Command
• Marines – Marine units that are the ground forces for the fleet
• Internal Security – Police Force that investigates crimes, apprehends criminals and
administers justice both internally and externally.
• Intelligence – Clandestine Service that collects, analyzes and disseminates critical
information on our enemies
Special Operations Commands all clandestine, exploration,
reconnaissance and search and rescue operations
Falcon Wing - Light reconnaissance and scout operations
Godwit Wing - Long range exploration operations
Phoenix Wing - Search, Rescue and Recovery operations
Section Q - Top Secret
A less militaristic division for those members or characters that value
Below is a sample of our galleries, more are being added every week.
Custom Forum Signatures
Membership Cards - Physical membership cards will be mailed out just before Christmas
Ships of the Line - Below is our lastest ship roster.
Home -The Home page for the site
• Site Updates - Same as the home page and displays the most recent updates made to the site
• Site Information - General information about the site.
• Star Citizen News - A news feed from Roberts Space Industries - The creators of Star Citizen
• Star Citizen Map - External link to a site with a truly outstanding map.
• Site Map - You are here
• Contact Us - Used to contact an admin if you are unable to log in to the site
Wingman's Hangar - All of the Wingman's Hangar Episodes from Roberts Space Industries
Forums - The Forums for the site
• Latest Forum Threads - The newest threads and posts in the forums
• Official Star Citizen Materials - Only Official Game Materials are posted here, this is a good place to go
to learn about the game
• Community - Where we discuss Darkstar Squadron, Star Citizen and general issues
• Website - For sight suggestions, bug reports and other site requests.
Videos - Official Videos about Star Citizen
Galleries - Various Galleries showing art from Star Citizen
Facebook - Our Facebook Page
Events - Events Calendar
About Us - Information about Darkstar Squadron
• Darkstar - Ships of the Line - The roster of our fleet to date
Members only section of the site with a list of all of our members
• New Member Instructions - A helpful guide for new members
• Fleet Structure - The structure of our fleet, its positions, ranks and how to get promoted.
• Fleet Forums - The members only section of our forums
• Fleet Teams Admin - Admin access to control the rosters of the various teams within Fleet and Site
with submenus for each below.
• Voice Servers - Status and how to connect to our Mumble and Ventrilo Servers
• Chat Room - Ships of the Line - Our Chat System
Join - The recruitment form
Thanks for your time and consideration
Owosci "Regent" Aeternali
Space Marshal, Commander in Chief