How to Set up a Symbol MC50 PDA to connect...
How to Set up a Symbol MC50 PDA to connect via wifi.
This assumes you already know the WAP (Wireless Access Point) info needed, such as the
name of the access point(ssid) and the WPA Key.
1. To begin 1st click the little blue icon which probably has a red exclamation point. Located in
the bottom right corner of the pda “desktop”.
2. Next click on “Find WLANs”.
3. The screen should display the WAP's that it detects. In this example it is “josem”. You should
click on the appropriate WAP and then click on “Connect”.
4. Once you click it the screen will change to the one now displayed in the image below.
5. This image is JUST TO SHOW YOU WHAT THIS SCREEN LOOKS LIKE. This is
found under the “Authentication” tab at the bottom. Rarely if ever will you need to make any
6. To continue click on the “Encryption” tab at the bottom.
7. In the drop down select “TKIP (WPA)”. Then click on the “Passkey” button.
8. Here enter the appropriate passkey, then click OK.
9. You will then be returned to this screen, press OK.
10. Now you will be returned to this screen, now press “Connect”, then OK.
11. Once you are returned to the “desktop”, the icon in the bottom right will now have a green
signal bar. This indicates that you are connected to the Access Point. You can further verify
this by clicking on it and then clicking on “Status”.
12. Here you will see the signal strength.
13. The info screen displays the driver version of the pda. Not of much use to us, just an INFO
14. This screen will show the IP the pda has established.
15. From this screen you can attempt a ping test.
16. The AP screen shows the MAC address of the AP you are conneted to.
Image of the symbol pda reset button.
Image of the symbol pda default screen.