MidoNet Bridge for Mixed vSphere and OpenStack Environments MidoNet Virtual Fabric
MidoNet Bridge for Mixed vSphere and
MidoNet Virtual Fabric
vSphere / ESXi
Deliverables & Costs
MidoNet and its platform integration tools spans two different platforms,
vSphere and OpenStack, with a single MidoNet instance and provide the
benefits of overlay network virtualization to heterogenous networks. The
MidoNet Bridge solution for vCenter and OpenStack/KVM networks is
provided in three parts: MidoNet network virtualization software; integration
tools for the VMware platform, and implementation services to assure
successful outcomes and operational readiness.
● Time & Materials-based custom engagement is recommended for
requirements with a broad range of considerations.
● Please Input a Target Audience here. You have atleast one bullet point or
two at max.
Scope of Work
● Discussion and scoping of the customers required implantation
outcomes and timing will precede the engagement.
● Description of current environment and planned infrastructure
environment including virtual machine types/count and mixed
● Identify at least three (3) customer use cases and define measurable
requirements to achieve them.
● Architect, build, implement, and test the defined requirements.
● An overlay network virtualization solution for heterogeneous virtualization
environments with mixed ESXi-based and KVM-based virtualization as
well as mixed vSphere-based and OpenStack-based management.
● Multiple isolated virtual networks can be a built and managed
automatically and independent of the underlying hardware for both
vSphere and OpenStack environments.
● MidoNet network virtualization solution allows for more simplicity,
scalability, and resiliency and provides L2-4 services in mixed
● MidoNet provides a common user interface for network management for
both vCenter/vSphere and OpenStack/KVM environments.
● Enable migrations across cloud platforms and particularly well suited for
migrations to OpenStack.
● The implementation allows the VC/ESXi user to bypass MN networking if
required without a de/reinstall of MN.
● Deliver installation, operational, and implementation training for the
network virtualization solution for the mixed environment.
● MidoNet v1.3 or higher subscriptions for compute nodes
● Preconfigured vSphere with vCenter
● VMware vSphere L2 network may be used as an underlay for MidoNet.
● The VMware Virtual Distributed Switch (VDS) is prerequisite for our
implementation and needs to be part of the user's licensing with
VMware. VDS is currently provided as part of VMware’s vSphere
Enterprise Plus license.
● MidoNet will provide a vNIC Binding plugin as a virtual machine
construct on the vCenter interface to allow users to plug in VM NICs
● Full support of vMotion allowing optimized workload placement and
COPYRIGHT MIDOKURA USA INC. 2014