Resume - Cliff Brookes
(609) 238 -2197
Stylitics/ClosetSpace - New York, NY
Design Director: May 2012 - Apr 2015
Responsible for all in-house design materials: web experience, mobile app, email campaigns, branding, and social media.
Created 2 full websites and 2 mobile apps for both Stylitics and ClosetSpace. Worked with a small team of in-house
developers and mobile development team in Romania to keep projects on schedule. Worked closely with the CEO and the
marketing manager on all projects, collaborating throughout the entire projects.
• How to manage large scale, company wide projects including 2 full mobile apps.
• How to manage a range of tasks from small tasks such as cut graphics and image retouching to larger tasks such as running
brainstorming sessions, testing sessions and working with 2 development teams to assemble the products.
Electronic Ink - Philadelphia, PA
Senior Designer: Jun 2009 - May 2012
Worked with upwards of 25+ clients on a wide range of projects mostly dealing with web applications. Clients included
Penske, Sun Life Financial, Morgan Stanley, AstraZeneca, Radian Insurance, World Bank, and more. Worked on short term
projects such as 40 hour concepts as well as maintaining and progressing a brand’s user experience for year long retainers.
• How to collaboratively work with other designers and researchers from day 1 of a project.
• How to present to various clients on a regular basis, often presenting to multiple clients on the same day.
• How to interview design applicants and find new talent for the company.
Philadelphia Sign Company - Palmyra, NJ
Designer: Dec 2008 - Jun 2009
Rebranded physical storefronts and interiors. Used existing photos of sites for rebrandings of companies such as Chase Bank,
Bank of America, Target, Citizens Bank, PNC Bank, Subaru then mocking into place how the new branding would appear at
scale so fabricators could produce the correctly sized signage.
• How to work with and learn from other experienced designers.
• How to retouch complicated images for new signage in place of existing signage, often having to recreate full scenes.
CW Brookes Plumbing & Heating - Haddonfield, NJ
Part-time Assistant: Jun 2003 - Aug 2008
Assisted with daily activities such as stocking the truck with parts, assembling various pieces depending on the project
(finished house vs construction site), and managing trips to the supply house.
• How to appreciate a hard day’s work.
Adobe Creative Suite
• Comfortable on PC and Mac
Art Institute of Philadelphia
BS in Graphic Design: 2006-2009
• Won Best of Quarter award in 2006
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (609) 238-2197
Location: New York, NY