UNION JOB RE-POSTING # 316
UNION JOB RE-POSTING # 316
Lead –Safe Beds and Mobile
Crisis Rapid Response Team
Program Manager – Safe Beds
Maternity Leave Contract
35 hours a week
Start Date /
April 30 – May 6, 2015
June 22, 2015 – June 21, 2016
$23.38 – 29.23 per hour
About CMHA Niagara
CMHA, Niagara is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to promoting mental wellness and to
improving the lives of people in its service area who have mental illness as well as their families. CMHA
Niagara achieves its mission through a number of programs and services.
CMHA, Niagara is committed to a recovery philosophy which focuses on the potential for people with
mental illness to lead full, productive and engaged lives in their communities. The Branch works in
partnership with many others who share in the commitment to supporting the broad determinants of
This is a combined position of Team Lead and Community Support Worker to support the Safe Bed
program and the Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team
• Demonstrates leadership by modeling good practice and supporting team members in continuous
• Provides psycho-social assessment, brief crisis counseling and treatment, and case management for
individuals presenting with mental health and addictions concerns. The intent is to ensure client
safety, to encourage empowerment, and provide assistance for independent living, within a
• Supports the Safe Bed and Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team through clinical consultation,
training, and practical guidance as needed and directed by the Program Manager.
• The Safe Bed and MCRRT Lead provides direct client support within the Community Support
Workers job description but does so working primarily with the Safe Bed program and Mobile Crisis
Rapid Response team and in liaison with the Community Support team. Consequently, the normal
work week shall be Monday to Friday with the occasional evening and weekend hours to address
the needs of clients and/or the program.
• The Lead may also work within other teams as necessary for support and program coverage.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Successful completion of a university undergraduate degree program in the human service field or
accredited community college diploma in the Social Service Worker program with preference for
university undergraduate degree.
• 2 -3 years of employment experience in the mental health/addictions field.
• Relevant registration with a regulated body is highly preferred.
• Minimum Level 2 Behavioural Competencies (Canada’s Substance Abuse Workforce) for all
Counselling Competencies (Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Client-Centered Change, Client
Service, Continuous Learning, Diversity, Effective Communication, Ethical Conduct and
Professionalism, Interpersonal Rapport, Self-Care, Self-Management, Teamwork) and Leadership,
Planning and Organizing.
• Certified in the following safety courses: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid and CPR, Suicide
Intervention (ASIST), Mental Health First Aid, Concurrent Disorder Support.
• Excellent organization and time management skills (tested).
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills (tested).
• Verifiable computer and technological proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office
• Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle.
• Current valid class ‘G’ driver’s license.
• Mobile communication device for work use (data subsidy provided by CMHA Niagara).
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check).
• Bilingualism would be an asset.
CMHA Niagara is a culturally competent organization and is committed to building an inclusive
community that respects the dignity and independence of candidates with multicultural and diverse
backgrounds, multilingual abilities, and experience with the LGBTQ community. Candidates with this
background would be considered an asset.
CMHA Niagara is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please see the
related AODA policies on our website at, www.cmhaniagara.ca for further details or contact our Human
Resources department for any information in an alternate format.
If you are interested in applying for this position, it is your responsibility to ensure your application is
received by Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on May 6, 2015.
Email: [email protected]
CMHA, Niagara is a catalyst for an innovative, inclusive and recovery-based community.
CMHA, Niagara furthers its vision by serving individuals holistically to develop and strengthen their place in the
HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS = STRONG COMMUNITIES
HEALTHY COMMUNITIES = STRONG INDIVIDUALS