International Marketing Manager
Higher Education North America (Roosevelt & Royal Roads
Higher Education North America
International Marketing Director Higher Education North America
The International Marketing Manager plays a key role in developing a competitive, long term product and
marketing strategy for selected programs within the North America Higher Education portfolio. It is a pivotal
role as a brand guardian, driving the product marketing vision and setting a priority market approach to help
us reach our ambitious global student recruitment targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and execute a marketing strategy, to work closely with both university
partners and global Study Group functions, to lead the product development process and to support the sales
team globally to effectively sell the North America portfolio.
Responsible for creating, owning and communicating compelling consumer-centric brand
proposition and marketing plan, which drive sales and increase profitability
Build a strategy for collecting and utilizing market intelligence to input into the development
a high quality, innovative and market leading product.
Be the brand ambassador for North America programs and successfully implement the
agreed marketing strategy.
Engage with the sales teams globally to increase conversion rates through effective
promotion of the North America portfolio.
Create and deliver a unified brand and common look for each of the North America
Execute the brand vision through engaging marketing campaigns developed in partnership
with our in-house agency and marketing delivery teams.
Serve as the university product expert and work to build new consumer-oriented University
Develop brand messaging and content to be used on internet and other digital mediums
Champion the consumer, conducting consumer research plus competitor and market
analysis to extract actionable insights.
Execute campaigns to raise brand awareness of and consideration for our university
partners’ brands in international markets and generate leads and applications.
Build an alumni group of current and past students who can help promote North America
programs in their home countries and through testimonials and videos.
Ensure the marketing strategy achieves new student enrolment targets and increase
conversion rates by sales channel and location.
Manage costs within allocated budgets.
Provide input to the budgetary and reporting requirements.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but
not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and
Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
• Ability to travel within North America and internationally as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing discipline preferred.
• Additional post graduate, professional marketing qualifications would
be an advantage.
• 4+ years’ experience working as a Brand or Product Marketing Manager within
a Global Sales and Marketing Organisation.
• A proven track record of creating successful marketing campaigns.
• Strong background across the marketing communications mix.
• Proven international experience and an exceptional track record in the
development of brands.
• Adept at gathering and interpreting competitor and market insights.
• Experience of and an understanding of the North America Higher Education
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills with an ability to proactively
develop innovative solutions.
• Strategic agility, including strong business and commercial acumen
• Self-driven and results focused.
• First class influencing skills with a willingness to challenge the status quo
• Ability to work within a matrix and global organisation, including influencing
others to help achieve outcomes required.
• To be able to work independently, as well as part of a virtual, remote team.
• High attention to detail and delivery of quality outputs.
• High levels of written and oral communication, relationship and interpersonal
skills including ability to interact with various stakeholders across different
cultures and geographies.