AP. U.S. History Summer Reading/Work 2015 Mr. Gordon Welcome
AP. U.S. History
Summer Reading/Work 2015
Welcome to AP. U.S. History, it is my hope that this book and assignment get all students off to a great
start! Enjoy the read and the summer ahead!
1. Revolutionary Characters What Made The Founders Different Gordon S. Wood
2. The following should be typed and double spaced this paper should be two to three pages in
length and will be due the second full day of class.
3. Research and write a brief background biography of the author Gordon S. Wood.
4. Compare and contrast the material in Chapter One on George Washington to any other
historical figure in the book. Students should make specific mention of material found in the
5. Early in the book it mentions the fact that when asked who the greatest president was only six
percent named Washington. The claim is also made that young people do not know much about
Washington. To what degree did this book increase your knowledge and awareness of George
6. Discuss your opinion of the book. Did you enjoy it? Would you suggest it to others? Honesty is
important. Find a review of the book from another historian. How do they view the book?
What should be in my paper?
………Background on Gordon S. Wood
……..Compare and contrast of George Washington to one other historical person in the book.
……..Do I now know George Washington better?
……..Opinion of the book
……..The opinion of another historian on the book
Please contact Mr. Gordon at [email protected] if you need assistance!