Thorngrove Manor : Tariff - BABS : Bed and Breakfast Site
Thorngrove Manor : www.babs.com.au/thorngrove
Tariff Sheet Valid Until 31st March 2012 Rate per night per double. Inclusive of continental breakfast delivered to room.
Thorngrove - “Experience another World” a unique destination choice; South Australia’s unique artistic Small Luxury Hotel
Distinctive and captivating architectural expression, individual and uniquely privately located accommodation catering for
individual selection, with privately located and dedicated entries. Inspired timeless design with a sense of wonder;
complementary appointments with both antique and the finest bespoke furnishing. A dynamic non-conformist signature
property, with an indefinable ethereal quality, not replicated elsewhere; a place where creative surroundings and living
spaces provide unique engaging experiences for the soul. Unique and commanding outlooks across sweeping vistas, a
special sense of time and place –a labyrinthine architectural adventure with integrity and conviction. Only for those with
imagination and romance in their soul! ABN- 26 502 198 872
The Tower Room - 2nd Floor, Loft Room
Ascend a spiral staircase in a crenellated tower to this inspired loft room with sophisticated, flamboyant and
creative décor with rare, signature antique and bespoke furniture and objet d’art, including an antique lifesize Auguste Moreau bronze statue and a C17th carved oak cupboard. Divided into sleeping and living
zones. An exotic Queen size original ornately hand carved Ebony bed creates a stunning centrepiece.
Ensuite with opening gable roof window, deep porcelain spa bath/sep shower, walk-in wardrobe/luggage
storage. Richly embossed plush velvet armchairs, swivel and tilt for ultimate relaxation. Timber is
embellished with golden armorial friezes. A richly carved circa 1870 antique dining setting for private dining
is located by the bay window. Uninterrupted and sweeping treetop views to the rich sunlit horizon. 1x HD
The Queens Chambers – Refined romanticism. 1st Floor, split level 2-room suite
A rich tapestry to delight the senses. Fantasy and romance with intricate refined plaster detail, artistry and
design. Captivating rooms adjoin a large open terrace for alfresco dining with expansive tree top views and
sunset vistas beyond the battlements. A majestic King sized four-poster English Elm bed with carved
heraldic lions draped with GP&J Baker fabric and French Houlés tassels . French tapestries provide
harmony of colour, richness and texture, highlighted by a rare C19th porcelain plaque of Queen Louise of
Prussia and an antique Raingo Freres French bronze, and marble ormolu silk suspension mantle clock,
circa 1820. Antique Staffordshire and Sevres C18th porcelain and Waterford crystal display on a 1840
carved oak cupboard. AN C18th Dutch candelabra. Mood lighting. Colourful c1880 Scottish stained
ecclesiastic window panels An ambience of calm with exquisite detail with sweeping views. 2x widescreen
HDLCD/DVD, 2x CD, ipod dock
The Observatory – 3rd Floor, 2-room suite
A stone spiral staircase entry leads to a unique tree top retreat. Golden painted stars shine like jewels in the
sky above a circular semi-sunken spa bath. Dramatic architectural features embellished with golden
stencilled and hand painted friezes. Wooden shutters in the lounge/ dining room, with Georgian oak table /
dining setting. Enclosed kitchenette and mini-bar. Leather sofa and arm chairs Whimsically carved C18th
English Oak timber King size bed and cupboards. Polished timber floors with Hali hand woven wool and silk
rugs. Bedroom panoramic windows take advantage of the peerless vistas, with uninterrupted views over
treetops to the horizon. Sweeping hill and valley views from the unique hilltop location. A steeply vaulted
timber beamed ceiling radiates from a collar beamed pinnacle in the tower bedroom. 2x widescreen HD
LCDTV/DVD, 1 Blu-ray,CD
Castle Chambers – 1st Floor, 2-room suite
Imagine knights and fair damsels, fortified stone walls, dragons and dungeons. A stone spiral newel
staircase joins the two levels. French tapestries, original hand coloured steel engravings c1868, silken
tassels, antique furnishings, colourful hand painted centrally vaulted ceilings, a grand, ornamental stone
working hooded fireplace and an ensuite spa bath feature. Private lounge/ dining room with generous
tapestry covered down-filled winged armchairs. Bedroom with Continental King size C19th carved bedhead, walls are adorned C19th hand-coloured etchings. Kitchenette and Juliet-style balcony. Lancet and
mullioned windows provide subtle lighting. Absolute privacy this romantic castle escape is- “the stuff dreams
and fairytales are made of”. 2x widescreen 2x widescreen HD LCD integrated DVD BluRay
Castle Chambers – 2-room suite- split level
Experience the magic of enchanted forests. Dream peacefully in a King size carved English Oak four-posted
bed adorned with squirrels, oak leaves and draped in exquisite European fabrics. Down topped mattress.
Rustic and romantic, fortified stone walls are hung with French heraldic tapestries. Artisan embellished
European- style wooden shutters and created enchanting and whimsical feature wall panels in this
“storybook castle’. Private underground cellar inspired private lounge/ dining room with early Georgian oak
chairs, circa 1740, bedroom, and kitchenette. A rustic flagstone paved private courtyard with extensive
English Box hedging and topiary.
Castle Chambers –2 bedrooms/lounge
Imagine knights, fair damsels, dragons and dungeons. A stone spiral staircase adjoins the two levels.
Interconnecting bedrooms feature a whimsical hand-carved KS four-poster bed and a half canopy KS bed.
French tapestries, antique furnishings and vaulted ceilings, a grand stone carved fireplace and ensuite spa $1395.00
bath are included. Subterranean Lounge/ cellar dining room, 2 bedrooms, 1kitchenette, balcony and 1 share
ground floor bathroom Suitable twin/share- maximum 3 adults 2 KS beds
The Kings Chambers – ground floor 2-room suite
Reassuringly traditional, rich in colour, elegance, inviting and refined. Private gate entry, driveway and
entrance, portico covered with scrambling roses. Private entry hall, lounge/ dining room and bedroom. The
romance of dining at an antique oak trestle form table with cruciform feet in front of a spectacular
ornamental baronial style fireplace with a blazing log fire in winter. An antique German piano, resplendent
carved European antique oak cupboards; rare life-size Scottish antique ecclesiastic stained glass windows
c1890 and impressive and dramatic heritage timber beamed ceilings with gold stencils. Restored antique
clocks c1820 and listed European art. Hand decorated and restored antique Continental King Size hand
painted half canopy bed with the finest Italian cotton and silk bed linen. Liberty linen fabrics and Scottish
leather. A bay window overlooks picturesque and colourful hedged gardens with ancient elm trees. A
dramatic glass walled ensuite bathroom with natural lighting, overlooks a tranquil pond, water feature and
terraced and Box hedged garden. HD TV LCD integrated DVD,CD
Booking for accommodation at Thorngrove Manor can be made via Small Luxury Hotel Offices worldwide, through your local travel agent,
the Internet, telephone or e-mail. Travel agents can book via www.babs.com.au/thorngrove
Thorngrove has a strict non-smoking and no pet policy. Smoking is not permitted in any of the interior guest rooms.
Due to the unique, creative style of the accommodation, please inform us if you/ or your clients are physically challenged,
mobility impaired, or are unable to climb stairs with ease. Accommodation is unsuitable for those unable to readily
negotiate stairs and steps. Should an early check-in be required it is necessary to book the preceding night. Check-in is
strictly from 3.00pm. Late check-out charges are also applicable. Maximum of 6 guests accommodated at any one time.
Dramatic architecture, uniquely individual with rare exclusivity- resonating with creative artistry : history in the making…
Sep 12, '08, 8:49 am
Sep 12, '08, 8:49 am
Sep 12, '08, 8:49 am
The foundations of Thorngrove Manor were laid in 1984, designed to provide unique, creative, historically and
artistically inspired accommodation, with an emphasis on individual privacy and service in creative surroundings.
This dynamic AAA Tourism 5 star property has forged an enviable reputation for uncompromising service and cuisine.
Winner of every possible State and National Tourism Awards and coveted International Accolades and Awards,
Thorngrove is an iconic property, set atop a hill, commanding peerless views to the horizon. Thorngrove has become
an integral part of the historic landscape, streetscape and local community. Angaston White Marble and timeless
natural materials, copper, lead and glass are showcased in its construction, echoing the natural environment and
craftsmanship of the past and present.
• Thorngrove is located 17 mins (RAA official time) from the Adelaide city centre, 35-40 mins from
both domestic/ international airports and 25 mins from National Rail Terminal
• The village of Stirling is a 7 min walk down a marked and historic leafy lane.
• 10 mins from golf courses: Australian wildlife parks, wineries, galleries, museums, cookery school and spa nearby
• Easy access to a variety of transport, including chauffeur services and car hire.
• Personalised day tours to Kangaroo Island, Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Fleurieu Peninsula and the Clare Valley.
• Enjoy the best of fresh regional organic and bio-dynamic South Australian produce
• Check in is strictly after 3pm and check out before 11am. Guests arriving earlier may deposit their luggage and
tour the local area and village until the specified check-in time. A maximum of 6 guests.
• Thorngrove maintains impeccable maintenance and housekeeping standards……an ethereal imagination filled
• Direct dial telephones 2-4 multiple lines in all rooms. wireless broadband internet - lap top for guests use
• Well equipped ensuite bathrooms /some with spas –relax in a scented bath-your time is your own
• King Chamber bathroom with glass wall overlooking a pond and terraced hedged garden
• Quiet spots are provided in the garden to sit in the sun and read and relax during the day.
• Array of exquisite fragranced Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries/amenities & Cloverfields natural soaps
• Premium plush Thorngrove Manor signature embellished gowns and towelling slippers
• Individual climate control- reverse cycle air- conditioning/heating, open fires in King ,Castle Chambers
• Screened opening windows provide fresh country air- beautiful treed gardens with clipped topiary and hedges
• 100% European goose down, luxury Egyptian cotton or the finest St Albans mohair and alpaca bedding/blankets
• Premium bed linen; including Frette, Ralph Lauren, Bianca Lorenne, St Albans, Sferra and Peri.
• Specialty suites; King size beds, Continental King, Queen bed - check room configuration when booking
• Evolutionary refurbishment and dedicated, constant maintenance, ensures the highest of standards
• Guests with reservations only accepted, 48 hours min arrival- rooms are meticulously cleaned and furniture
waxed and polished prior to all arrivals. Creative living spaces with function and flow. Max 6 guests accepted.
• Personal clothes care facilities (iron/board) along with same day laundry service (not available holidays and weekend)
• All entries individual and private, no corridors and no need to see any other guests on the property
• Refrigerator, refreshments including complimentary orange juice, milk, fresh leaf tea and plunger coffee
• Assorted crystal glasses in each room; signature crystal pieces from Waterford and Stuart, bottle openers, stoppers,
specialist exclusive imported pieces of Portmeirion Botanic Garden tableware
• Croquet, Boules, board games available; magazines and umbrella in all suites.
• Balcony or terrace suites available with peerless hilltop/ horizon views or private garden vistas
• Full Day Spa treatments nearby in the village of Stirling- Aveda products, wraps, scrubs, Vichy showers
• In-room Desertpea natural native Australian herbal extract Spa treatments- 14 working days notice req-min 1.5 hour
Romantic Dinners – indulgence and convenience-experience private in-room dining. Renowned for fine cuisine
a 4 course multiple-choice menu, using the best of local fresh produce is served course by course, individually to
suites at guest’s preferred time .$127.00pp. The elegant and ornate candlelit dining room is available by prior special
request (surcharge applicable). All rooms/suites have formal antique tables and chairs for totally private dining.
RareC18th/C19th European antique hallmarked sterling silver pieces feature in dinner place settings. Fine pure Irish
Linen napery: inc Sferra and antique linen. Light tasty cuisine with a bountiful selection of Organic and Bio-dynamic
products. The focus is on the freshest possible ingredients, many salad and vegetable varieties and fruits from the
garden. Herbs are from the Manor’s organic kitchen garden. Eggs from our free-range hens. South Australian seafood
featured. Thorngrove promotes healthy eating and lifestyle choices. BYO welcome-Thorngrove does not sell alcohol.
BOOKINGS 1 WEEK PRIOR TO ARRIVAL ESSENTIAL
English Breakfast with an extensive choice of cereals and 7 mueslis. Thorngrove Manor hen’s eggs prepared to
order, muffins, assorted cheeses, emu sausages, wagyu beef sausages, fresh fruit, chef’s waffles, almond croissants
and a choice of 12 different teas, coffee, chocolate A$47.00pp (organic and bio dynamic produce used extensively)