Happy Birthday to Cameron Diaz, Angie Harmon and Ben Affleck,... Wait, what? 40? Really?
Happy Birthday to Cameron Diaz, Angie Harmon and Ben Affleck, who all turn 40 this month.
Wait, what? 40? Really?
They join other stars hitting the big 4-0 this year, including Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Garner and Gwyneth
None of them look anywhere NEAR 40!
While many Hollywood stars have access to the best experts to help keep them healthy and young
looking, we can all take steps to help retain and maintain a youthful appearance.
Renowned celebrity dermatologist Dr. Ava Shamban shares her everyday lifestyle tips and some new
cutting-edge treatments (no knife required!) that can help slow the aging clock!
EVERYDAY HABITS: - Daily apply a strong SPF (minimum of 30) with UVA/UVB protection as well as use a
day and night moisturizer to keep skin hydrated
- When applying sunscreen and moisturizer don't leave out the "forgotten body parts" including the
backs of your hands, elbows, decolletage and knees
- Look for products that contain rejuvenating ingredients such as: Retinol (a derivative of Vitamin A),
peptides, and natural ingredients such as oatmeal and shea butter. To address dark circles look for eye
creams that contain vitamin K, caffeine and vitamin C and when fighting eye puffiness you want
something containing cucumber extract, green tea and aloe vera
AT-HOME CARE: - Getting fit by incorporating daily exercise into your life can alleviate many
premenopausal symptoms, regulate hormones and increases circulation to the skin
- Make sure to drink plenty of water to help rid your body of toxins and try to maintain a balanced,
antioxidant-rich diet that limits your intake of processed foods and sugar
- Eat up! The following foods contain phytoestrongens and are also collagen-friendly: soybeans
(edamame), ground flaxseed, walnuts, soy milk, the soft inner peel of citrus fruits as well as tofu
CUTTING-EDGE TREATMENTS: - Pelleve uses a radio frequency device to help stimulate collagen growth,
particularly on the face and around the eyes with no down time.
- LaViv fights aging by using a patient's own fibroblast cells, the cells that produce collagen. A biopsy
removes the patient's cells, which are then sent off to a laboratory where cutting edge technology
separates the healthy cells that are then injected back into the patient. LaViv is currently FDA approved
for smile lines. This is a natural alternative to fillers.
- Clear and Brilliant also known as Fraxel's little sister uses fractionated laser technology with half the
strength of Fraxel, but four times the anti-aging results of IPL. It is recommended for long term collagen
stimulation and erasing all those years of photodamage with no downtime.
For more information on Dr. Shamban, head to www.healyourskinthebook.com.