The AdvanceCommunicator™ will allow the phone`s radio feature to
The AdvanceTec AdvanceCommunicator® is an accessory designed to
adapt NOKIA ® cell phones for convenient communication use in the
home or office
Handset operation for privacy
Rapid Charging facility
External antenna for improved coverage and reception
Audio output jack to interface with recording devices
Ability to play FM radio via the internal speaker with radio
The AdvanceCommunicator™ - Part # AT3042 consists of:
1. Part # AT3042-01A
2. Part # AT3051-02A
3a. Part # AT3051-03A
3b Part # AT3051-03B
4. Part # AT3051-05A
Base unit with phone cradle.
Handset with coil cord
Power Supply (110VDC)
Power Supply (220VDC)
For phone compatibility, see phone model list on the last page of
Diagram 1 – The AdvanceCommunicator™
Setting up the AdvanceCommunicator™
1. Place the AdvanceCommunicator™ in a convenient accessible position in
your home or office within easy reach of an AC power outlet
2. Attach the plug at the end of the coil cord of the handset into the
corresponding socket on the back of the AdvanceCommunicator™ base.
3. Plug the power supply into the wall AC power outlet and the round barrel
plug at the end of the cord of the power supply into the corresponding socket
on the back of the AdvanceCommunicator™
4. At this point the LED will flash RED
5. Connect the external antenna supplied to the antenna port at the back of the
Installing the phone into the AdvanceCommunicator™
Place the phone into the cradle as shown aligning the connector on the
cradle with the connector of the phone.
Diagram 2 – Installing phone into AdvanceCommunicator™
Making and receiving Hands-free calls
1. To make a call in Hands-free mode, dial the desired number on the phone
keypad and press the GREEN SEND/RECEIVE button. Speak towards the
Mic of the AdvanceCommunicator™ which is located below the right front
corner edge of the AdvanceCommunicator™ The voice of the person you
are calling will be heard via the built-in speaker in the
2. To receive a call in hands-free mode, press the GREEN SEND/RECEIVE
button and speak towards the Mic marked as indicate above. The caller’s
voice will be heard via the built-in speaker in the AdvanceCommunicator™
3. To end a call in hands-free mode press the RED END button.
Making and receiving via handset calls
1. To make a call using the handset, dial the desired number on the portable
keypad and press the GREEN SEND/RECEIVE button. Use the handset as
you would with a regular desktop phone. LED will change to Solid RED when
handset removed from the base.
2. To receive a call with the handset, lift the handset and press the GREEN
SEND/RECEIVE button on the portable keypad. Use the handset as you
would with a regular desktop phone.
3. To end a call while using the handset, place the handset back into the
cradle and press the RED END button.
NOTE: You can move from hands free to handset operation by lifting the
handset. When replacing the handset to its cradle, the call will NOT terminate
the call but will rather switch the audio back to hands free operation
The volume of the AdvanceCommunicator™ can be increased or decrease
with the volume buttons of the phone
Playing the Phone’s Radio
The AdvanceCommunicator™ will allow the phone’s radio feature to be
played via the built in speaker.
NOTE: This feature can only be used with NOKIA® Radio Enabled
phones. To determine if your NOKIA® phone is Radio Enabled,
consult the specifications that were supplied with you phone or speak
with the dealer who supplied you the phone
1. Turn on the Radio feature of the phone. To do so, consult the user
manual supplied with the phone.
2. Set up the AdvanceCommunicator™, ensuring that it is powered, and
insert the phone as indicated above.
3. Press the space bar (to the right of the LED) The LED will change to
4. At this stage the radio will be heard via the speaker of the
AdvanceCommunicator™. It will be necessary to tune the radio to the
desired radio station. To do this, consult the phone’s user manual supplied
with the phone
5. An incoming call will automatically turn off the radio and the incoming ring
sound will be heard via the AdvanceCommunicator™ speaker.
6. The incoming call can be answered as set out above.
7. To make a call while in the Radio Mode, press the Space Bar and the
Radio will turn off and the AdvanceCommunicator™ will be ready to make
4. Once the call has been concluded, press the space bar to return to the
The AdvanceCommunicator™ will allow the recording of audio via a 3.5mm
plug. (See Daigram 1) Attach an external recording device to the
AdvanceCommunicator™ to achieve this recording feature
Summary of LED Indicators
No phone attached.
Phone connected with Power
Handset removed from base
Charging the battery
With the portable turned off, the AdvanceCommunicator™ will charge the
battery to 60% in approximately 1 hour. The charge time will be longer if the
portable is operational during charge time.
NOTE: Batteries will charge within the temperature window of -10 C to +40
C (50 F to 104 F). If the battery is outside the temperature window, no charge
currant will be supplied to the battery.
List of NOKIA® phones compatible with the Model AT3042
2600 / 3100 / 3108 / 3120 / 3200 / 3205 / 3220 / 6100 / 6200 / 6220 / 6225
PM6225 / 6230 / 6560 / 6585 / 6590 / 6590i / 6610 / 7210 / 7250 / 7250i
8265 / 8265i
The following NOKIA ® phones are compatible with the
AT3042 AdvanceCommunicator™ but requires the removal of the
back plate of the Phone Cradle.
2270 / 3586i / 3588i / 6015 / 6016i 6019i
NOTE: To remove the back plate of the Phone Cradle:
1. Press the rectangular button on the top of the Phone Cradleas
indicated in Diagram 2, and the back plate will snap forward.
2. Remove the back plate and insert the phone into the Phone
Cradle without the back plate as indicated in Diagram 1.