Composites - Performance Review Institute

Comments

Transcription

Composites - Performance Review Institute
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
CONFIRMED MINUTES
JUNE 24-26, 2014
DUBLIN, IRELAND
These minutes are not final until confirmed by the Task Group in writing or by vote at a
subsequent meeting. Information herein does not constitute a communication or recommendation
from the Task Group and shall not be considered as such by any agency.
TUESDAY, JUNE 24TH to THURSDAY, JUNE 26TH
1.0
OPENING COMMENTS
1.0 Opening
Comments
1.1
Call to Order / Quorum Check
The Composites Task Group (COMP) was called to order at 9:00 a.m., 24-Jun-2014.
It was verified that only SUBSCRIBER MEMBERS were in attendance during the closed portion
of the meeting.
A quorum of 13 subscriber members was established with the following representatives in
attendance:
Subscriber Members/Participants Present (* Indicates Voting Member)
NAME
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Monica
Peter
Mike
Brandon
Luigi
Kevin
Patrick
Manfred
Brett
Mark
Evelyn
Eunice
John
Betty
Eric
Herman
Michele
Andreas
Angelina
Keith
Elliott
Andrew
Sally
Anne
Colin
COMPANY NAME
Alcala
Atwell
Bemis
Davis
Di Martino
Dowling
Dunleavy
Geiss
Hemingway
Jackson
Jacobson
Joseph
Key
Kocsis
LeFort
Leibovich
Losito
Mastorakis
Mendoza
Panuska
Schulte
Smith
Spindor
Stanley
Stuart
Honeywell Aerospace
Airbus
Goodrich (UTAS)
Sikorsky Aircraft
The Boeing Company
Spirit AeroSystems
SAFRAN Group
Airbus Helicopters Deutschland GmbH
BAE Systems (MAI)
Triumph Group Inc.
Pratt & Whitney
SAFRAN Group
Bell Helicopter
Honeywell Aerospace
Sonaca
Israel Aerospace Industries
Alenia Aermacchi S.p.A.
GE Aviation
Goodrich (UTAS)
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Bell Helicopter
Spirit AeroSystems
Triumph Group Inc.
Bombardier Inc.
Rolls-Royce
Secretary
Chairperson
Vice Chairperson
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
Other Members/Participants Present (* Indicates Voting Member)
NAME
*
*
*
*
*
Omeir
Frank
Tomohiko
Natalia
Kevin
Jim
Xavier
David
Blandine
Patrick
Koichi
Opie
Kevin
Thomas
Nancy
Jeff
COMPANY NAME
Ahmed
Alberto
Ashikaga
Becerra Pozo
Brennan
Brown
Carteron
Crain
Delgado
Durkin
Hasegana
Moyegun
Robinson
Ruecker
Vancil
Viney
STRATA Manufacturing
Park Aerospace Technologies Corp.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Exova (UK) Limited
Swift Engineering Inc.
Hexcel Composites
Toray CFE
CFAN
3M France
TE Wire
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Hexcel Corporation
Eurotherm Schneider Electric
Eurotherm
Toray Carbon Fibers America Inc
Cincinnati Testing Labs
PRI Staff Present
John
1.2
Tibma
Review Code of Ethics and Meeting Conduct
The Code of Ethics and Meeting Conduct were reviewed and the Antitrust Video was shown to all
attendees.
1.3
Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes– OPEN
The minutes from February 2014 were approved as written.
1.4
RAIL Review – OPEN
The Rolling Action Item List (RAIL) was reviewed.
For specific details, please see the current COMP Rolling Action Item List posted at
www.eAuditNet.com, under Public Documents.
2.0
STAFF ENGINEER/CONSULTANT REVIEWER DELEGATION REVIEW – CLOSED
Motion made by John Key and seconded by Keith Panuska to approve John Tibma as delegated
Staff Engineer (SE) for AC7118 audit reviews. Motion passed.
3.0
AUDITOR PERFORMANCE REVIEW – CLOSED
Task Group (TG) discussion in reference to auditor performance and consistency. Data shows an
auditor raising below average number of NCR’s per audit.
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to request corrective action plan from auditor and issue a formal
reprimand addressing his audit history. (Due Date: 31-Aug-2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to provide deep dive data on 3 auditors “in the red”. (Due Date: 31-Aug2014)
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to provide additional audit data to reflect number of NCR’s raised during
oversight audits compared to non oversight audits. (Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to determine if statistical data can be added to current plot charts. (Due
Date: 21-Oct-2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to issue auditor advisory in reference to codes FF16 & FF17. (Due Date:
31-Jul-2014)
4.0
TRAINING THE TRAINING AUDITOR-RAIL ITEM #31 – CLOSED
No presentation was provided by the sub team. The TG discussed the current auditors being
utilized as trainers for each commodity. TG suggestion is to continue to use the senior auditor for
each of the commodity to train new auditors.
5.0
AUDITOR CONSISTENCY SUB-TEAM REPORT OUT – CLOSED
No presentation was provided by the sub team.
6.0
CHEMICAL PROCESSING (CP) OBSERVATION SYSTEM – CLOSED
CP Observation
System
Nigel Cook (CP Task Group SE) presented the CP position on Observation NCR’s.
Motion made by John Key seconded by Mike Bemis that COMP Task Group will not incorporate
observation NCR’s. Motion passed.
7.0
STAFF REPORT – OPEN
7.0 Staff Report
John Tibma presented the staff report as seen above.
John Key from Bell Helicopter made the offer to the group to set up a tour of the Bell facility in
Montreal during our June 2015 meeting. More information to follow.
8.0
REVISED PROCEDURE REVIEW – OPEN
8.0 Revised
Procedure Review
Review of NOP-011 “Audit Failure” which was revised 11-Feb-2014 and a 90 day notification
submitted to the Nadcap Community (Suppliers, Subscribers, Auditors and PRI Staff) with an
effective date of 18-May-2014. (Applicable to all audits starting on or after 18-May-2014).
Step-by-step details for the new Risk Mitigation process were presented and reviewed. Further
details were shared as to how the Risk Mitigation team works and how to start and stop the
process on the PRI eAuditNet website.
A question was asked if ITAR/EAR restrictions would be addressed in the NOP-011.
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
ACTION ITEM: John Tibma to contact Mike Graham to resolve question if ITAR/EAR restrictions
were to be added to the NOP-011. Completed during meeting.
It was determined that ITAR/EAR is not addressed in NOP-011.
Keith Panuska reviewed what is being done with the Auditor Consistency Team, new documents
and what needs to be done in the future such as audit oversight.
9.0
SUPPLIER SUPPORT COMMITTEE (SSC) REPORT – OPEN
Nancy Vancil of Toray Carbon Fibers volunteered to represent the suppliers at the SCC meeting
in place of Vitorio Stana of Avcorp Industries Inc. who delegated his vote for the meeting since he
could not attend.
9.0 SSC Report
The SSC report was presented by Jim Brown from Hexcel Corporation in place of Vitoria Stana,
the SSC representative for COMP, who was absent from the meeting.
10.0
CORE PROCESSING & OVEN CURE – OPEN
10.0 Core Procesing
and Oven Cure
Core processing and 21b oven cure job audit reviewed to clarify issues with potting, splicing,
septum and stabilization. Are existing questions in Section 15 cure questions sufficient?
ACTION ITEM: Lance Loeks, Mark Jackson, Evelyn Jacobson, Kevin Brennan and Kevin Dowling
to review 21b questions and come back to the TG with recommendation. (Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
11.0
DESCRIPTION OF DISCUSSION 2014 AUDITORS CONFERENCE PLANNING – OPEN
11.0 2014 Auditor
Conference Planing
A review of training topics for the October 2014 auditor training was discussed and presented by
John Tibma. The addition of a review of the new AMS2750-1 document was recommended by
Eric LeFort from Sonaca. The TG decided to not make it as detailed but a brief overview until the
document is closer to completion.
Nancy Vancil of Toray Carbon Fibers raised her concern as to how well trained the auditors will
be to perform new audits for fiber manufacturing. The TG invited Nancy to assist Mike Bemis in
creating the training for the October 2014 meeting.
Add to auditor training to select parts for job audits that assure that new parts are utilized each
audit (i.e. the same simple part isn’t audited every time).
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to add an audit tool that would flag parts in the audit package to alleviate
any reoccurrence, similar to CP. (Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
The need to use the standard presentations during audits was re-emphasized.
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
ACTION ITEM: John Tibma to organize a TG dinner for the October 2014 meeting. (Due Date: 17Oct-2014)
Additional Training ideas: Calibration, Auditors review label and Cert but not back to requirement.
Participants for face-to-face evaluation with individual auditors, Keith Panuska, John Key, Mike
Bemis, Andreas Mastorakis, Collin Stuart, Monica Alcala and Evelyn Jacobson.
Presentations assigned as described in the previously embedded PowerPoint presentation.
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to send Auditor Conference assignments to TG participants. (Due Date:
31-Jul-2014)
12.0
RAIL ITEM #51 REPORT OUT – OPEN
This item was to cover core cutting/machining issues and to revise Table 1 AH7118. Jeremy
Phillips was to present but was not present. Discussion was tabled till the presentation was
available for review.
13.0
AMS2750/1 DRAFT PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION – OPEN
13.0 AMS2750/1
Draft Presentation
Ian Jenner presented an update for the new ASM2750/1 draft. The final draft will be ready for the
October 2014 meeting in Pittsburg.
14.0
AC7122-P AUDIT GRADING CRITERIA – OPEN
14.0 AC7122-P
Audit Grading Criteria
After review of the data presented, it was decided to clarify the requirement to clearly state a total
of 3 test codes must be audited. The discussion pertaining to adding additional audit time was
placed on hold till additional information from the auditors and data from past audits can be
evaluated
ACTION ITEM: PRI staff to poll auditors concerning how much time on AC7122-P audit takes
relative to a section 24 audit and why. (Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
ACTION ITEM: John Key (lead) and Mike Bemis to revise wording in AC7122 concerning number
of test codes audited. (Should be 3 for AC7122-P audits) and present in October 2014 meeting.
(Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
15.0
ADDITION OF STRUCTURAL BONDING TO AC7118 – OPEN
15.0 Draft 16h
Structural Adhesive Bonding
Andreas Mastorakis presented his team’s creation on an addition of structural bonding of metal to
composites, or composites to composites to the AC7118 Rev. D in section 16h. This will apply to
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
structural bonding only. Addition of 16h.1 to the AC7118 needs to be sent out for a formal ballot
to the TG. The definition of secondary bonding was rewritten in the auditor handbook.
A straw vote was taken to see who in the TG was in agreement with the changes for the new
adhesive bonding being added and secondary bonding removed. The vote was 8 for and 4
abstains.
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to send out draft of the AC7118 Rev. D including the new 16h as
presented in June 2014 to the TG for ballot. (if response of next 2 AIs do not require changes)
(Due Date: 30-Sept-2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to survey Subscribers to verify if “Secondary Bonding” can be removed
from AC7118 job audits 16a-g if 16h (Adhesive Bonding) is added to AC7118. (Due Date: 31-Jul2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to survey Subscribers: Can MB scope be replaced by Adhesive Bonding
scope (includes metallic and non-metallic bonding)? (Due Date: 31-Jul-2014)
ACTION ITEM: Eunice Joseph (Lead) Colin Stuart, Kevin Dowling, Monica Alacala to write
questions and add to the AC7118 addressing adhesive reticulation and present in October 2014.
(Due Date: 17-Oct-2014)
16.0
SUPPLIER SURVEY REPORT OUT (RAIL ITEM #1) – OPEN
No presentation provided by the absent supplier voter member
17.0
AUDIT OBSERVATION TFRM01 APPENDIX – OPEN
Review of the COMP Appendix for the t-frm-01 was completed.
ACTION ITEM: Keith Panuska to remove redundant questions from the tfrm01 appendix. (Due
Date: 17-Oct-2014)
18.0
LASER SINTERING/ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING (RAIL ITEMS #74, 75) – OPEN
18.0 Laser Sintering
The TG sees no need to add laser sintering to the scope at this time.
19.0
OPEN DISCUSSION – OPEN
19.0 Open
Discussion
Monica Alcala to serve has secretary in Montreal as a substitute for Pete Atwell, who will not be
attending that meeting.
Review of additional questions to be added to the Liquid Resin Processing checklist requested by
Monica Alcala.
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to add Section 19 LRP questions per Open Discussion 19.0. (Due Date:
31-Aug-2014)
There was a review of the rewording for software control.
COMPOSITES
JUNE 2014
CONFIRMED
ACTION ITEM: PRI to add handbook clarification for per Angelina Mendoza as defined in
embedded presentation 19.0.
ACTION ITEM: John Key (Lead) and Elliott Schulte to investigate AH 3.2 clarification (requested by
D. Kennedy) concerning foam core references in AC7118. (Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to implement Metal Bond definition revision for HB in open discussion 19
in conjunction RAIL Items 93, 94, 95 and add click bond to misc. bonding definition. (Due Date: 21Oct-2014)
ACTION ITEM: Brandon Davis (Sikorsky) to re-write the HB Clarification for AC7118 question
21a.2.7. (Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
ACTION ITEM: PRI Staff to re-write question 21a.2.7 per open discussion 19.0 for AC7118 Rev. D.
(Due Date: 21-Oct-2014)
20.0
MEETING CLOSE OUT – OPEN
New Voting Member Review and Acceptance

Pam Blevins-General Dynamics-OTS Subscriber Voting Member

Tomohiko Ashikaga-Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Subscriber Voting Member
Dave Scott (Reinhold Composites) to lose voting privileges for missing 4 consecutive meetings
and Kevin Snyder (Composite Horizons) to lose voting privileges for missing 2 or more
consecutive letter ballots.
TG Chairperson decided that Kevin Brennan from Swift Engineering and Herman Leibovich from
Israel Aircraft Industries will retain voting rights despite lack of ballot participation.
Action Items were reviewed,
Agenda Topics for the October 2014 meeting in Pittsburgh

AC7118 (Open)

Per RAIL
ADJOURNMENT – 26-Jun-2014 – Meeting was adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Minutes Prepared by: Keith Panuska
***** For PRI Staff use only: ******
Are procedural/form changes required based on changes/actions approved during this meeting? (select
one)
YES* ☒ NO ☐
*If yes, the following information is required:
Documents requiring revision:
Who is responsible:
AC7118
PRI Staff
Due date:
30-Sep-2014

Similar documents