MOD PODGE SPOONS
Today we are sharing a DIY project that is so simple – fabric covered wooden spoons.
This makes a perfect gift for anyone in your life that enjoys cooking. All you need are
wooden spoons, scrap fabric and Mod Podge Hard Coat and Mod Podge Matte finish.
Read more for the full tutorial!
- See more at: http://aliceandlois.com/diy-fabric-covered-wooden-spoons-handmade-gift-series
1. Cut pressed fabric into 5 in x 1.25 in rectangles.
2. Apply matte finish Mod Podge to the spoon. Mark your dimensions as you do not need
to coat the entire end of the spoon. Wrap the fabric around the round part of the spoon.
Make sure and have the fabric lie evenly and tight. You do not want air bubbles.
Let the Mod Podge dry for 10-15 minutes.
3. Apply another coat of Mod Podge on the fabric. Make sure that the fabric is smooth
on the ends. Let dry for 10-15 minutes.
4. Apply a second coat to fabric. Let dry 10-15 minutes.
5. Apply the Mod Podge hard coat as your final coat. This layer will make the spoon
water proof/resistant. Let dry for 15 minutes. Do not use spoon in water for 24 hours.
*The spoons are not intended to be soaked in water for a long period of time.