PP for English Speech - Loreto Normanhurst Edublogs
Poverty based on the
Spoken and Presented by: Flynn
Poverty in General
• About 21,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related
causes, and that means one person every four seconds.
• If the poverty continues on badly, and they do not have a job, food
or money, then it can soon lead to death for them and their
• There is plenty of food and water in the world for everyone, so
why are they dying?
Poverty Programs – How people have tried
• People have made very effective ways and programs, to start
ending Poverty and World Hunger.
• For adults there are things like “food for work” programs.
• For children there are “food for education” programs.
The experience of Poverty for me
• None of us have to go through the suffering of Poverty
• You and I would be quick to think of being in Poverty as horrible and
lucky that you don’t have to go through it.
• What about the people that do have to go through Poverty?
The world can learn a lot from this photo. This
child has nothing, including not even enough food,
but the child is offering a sucker to the camera
person. This has got to be one of the most heart
warming photos I’ve ever seen.
Photo by: Emil Leonardi – Sierra Leone, 2010
If I were in Poverty
• I don’t know how I would be able to be in that position
• You and I, we all take things for granted
• A person coming from money, and going into a complete different
situation, is challenging and demanding.
• Poverty will only get worse if we don’t do something about it.
These people are
looking for food and
water, and are
starving. Yet when
we see them, they
always have a smile
on their face.
Today most people
die from Obesity