overview - Milas
• Bodrum district is a famous tourism center and a port city
located in southwestern part of Turkey.
• Milas-Bodrum Airport (BJV) is located at 36 km northeast of
Bodrum and 16 km south of Milas, offering a short and
convenient reach to major tourism attractions.
• TAV Airports took over the domestic terminal operations at
BJV in July 2014. International terminal will be taken over in
• In 2014, BJV handled 3.9 million total passengers, 2 million of
which were domestic travelers.
• Corendon, Thomas Cook UK, Thomson Airlines, Easyjet,
Monarch, Freebird, Onur Air, Pegasus and many other airlines
operate at the airport serving various European and Middle
• BJV is also very well connected to major cities of Turkey.
Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Anadolujet and AtlasGlobal operate
to Ankara and Istanbul frequently. Number of domestic flights
peaks during summer season.
BODRUM: ALL SHADES OF
BLUE UNDER SUNSHINE
• Once lived as a small town famous for sponge diving, today
Bodrum serves as the prime destination for tourists who look for
the unique combination of untouched nature, 5000 years of historic
past, blue flag beaches and a spectacular climate.
• Bodrum and its vicinity welcomed more than 3 million foreign
visitors in 2014 which represents 10% of total international tourism
• Bodrum hosts all of the attractions one could dream at a
vacation spot. The peninsula hosts a number of bays with
different amenities. One can enjoy the silence of Bitez, windsurf
in Ortakent, freshen up with a little breeze in Yalikavak, get
spoiled with luxurious clubs in Golturkbuku, experience the
perfect combination of forest and sea in Gundogan and dine at the
Turgutreis Marina witnessing a magnificient sunset.
• Bodrum Castle, Ancient Theatre, Museum of Underwater
Archaeology are some of the must see places for the ones that love
• Many shopping attractions are avaliable ranging from local
handcrafts to world renowned designer pieces. Local bazaars are
very famous in the town and sell all sorts of souvenirs as well as
apparel and local food.
• Also famous for its vivid night life, Bodrum offers different
concepts of entertainment. Either in a little local taverna, jet-set
chic restaurant or colorful club you will find what you are looking
• Bodrum is also well known internationally since a lot of foreigners
own second-houses in the town.
TAV Airports operates 14 airports in Europe,
Middle East and Africa.
For more information:
www.tavairports.com, [email protected]