VICTORIA`S PREMIER DESTINATION RETAIL CENTRE WITH UP
VICTORIA’S PREMIER DESTINATION RETAIL CENTRE
WITH UP TO 55,000 sq.ft. NOW AVAILABLE FOR LEASE.
On behalf of Patricia and Kenneth Mariash,
Focus Equities would like to introduce you to this remarkable project.
OVERVIEW: BAYVIEW PLACE
Bayview Place is Victoria’s preeminent
urban development in one of the city’s most
unique locations. The project’s stunning
hilltop setting features panoramic city
and ocean views, set against the historic
E&N railyards. A short walk from the
downtown core, in the heart of the city’s
most rapidly developing urban community,
Bayview Place is poised to become a key
node in Victoria’s commercial and cultural
• The last downtown inner harbour location
• 20 acre master planned neighbourhood, and mixed-use development
• 1.3 million sq.ft. of residential, including Bayview Place, and the soon-to-be-completed
• 14,000 cars pass by the site every day
• 1 out of 2 new residents to Victoria will reside in this core area
• Sustainable urban living
• New international superyacht Marina scheduled to complete at the foot of the site
• Developed by Focus Equities - A Mariash Company. A developer of world class, large
and complex projects
PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS: BAYVIEW PLACE
DEVELOPMENT DISTRICTS AT BAYVIEW PLACE
LIME BAY DISTRICT
PARKS & OPEN SPACES
LIME BAY DISTRICT
Multi-unit high-rise residential, including ground-oriented studios, a destination
restaurant and retail storefronts, along the “Lime Bay Mews” link to the waterfront.
PARKS AND OPEN SPACES
Natural and cultural community gathering space, including an off-leash dog park.
Victoria’s premier destination retail centre, featuring a carefully curated mix of
local and international tenants.
Hilltop high-rise and ground-oriented residential, with city, harbour, and
Retirement residential for seniors to age in a place in proximity to neighbouring
BAYVIEW PLACE DEVELOPMENT ZONES
OVERVIEW: THE ROUNDHOUSE
As a diverse retail complex focused on
economic sustainability through the
creation of a unique urban retail experience
comprised of local and international
destination tenants, The Roundhouse will
become the beating heart of Bayview Place.
With architecture unlike anything else in
the city, and a highly accessible location
featuring a contemporary treatment of
historically significant structures and site
fostering community, &
building a vibrant future.
• 57,000 sq.ft. of retail space planned
• Parked at 3.5 per 1,000 sq.ft.
• 100 year-old heritage railway buildings, deeply connected to the history of the city
and the island
• World class architecture and design
(designed by Norman Hotson, Architect of Vancouver’s Granville Island)
• Focus on placemaking through unique retailers, including a carefully curated
selection of businesses created by highly successful local entrepreneurs
RETAIL SPACE BREAKDOWN
Retail Space Breakdown
• Heritage E&N Railway Roundhouse building
• Immersive public gathering space
• Focus on innovative local and national tenants
• World-class architectural renovation
1&2. BOXCAR RETAIL
AVAILABLE RETAIL SPACE MAP
2. THE CAR SHOP
LIME BAY DISTRICT
(residential development see page 5)
1. STORES BUILDING: 2,924 sq.ft.
2. CAR SHOP: 7,943 sq.ft.
3. E&N ROUNDHOUSE: 30,736 sq.ft.
HERITAGE RETAIL SPACE
NEW RETAIL SPACE
1&2. BOXCAR RETAIL: +/- 450 sq.ft. Each
3. NEW RETAIL: 3,500 sq.ft.
4. NEW RETAIL: 3,950 sq.ft.
5. ROUNDHOUSE ADDITION: 7,830 sq.ft.
COMMUNITY & SUSTAINABILITY
Community Engagement &
The Roundhouse at Bayview Place is
committed to building a vibrant and
sustainable local economy, and to honouring
the site’s existing architecture and historical
significance. The project design focuses
on preserving the structural integrity
and aesthetic appeal of the existing
buildings through careful restoration and
contemporary architectural interventions.
The project’s neighbourhood plan is
carefully structured to complement the
surrounding community by stimulating
social and economic activity.
Conscious of the environment,
Sensitive to the community.
• Directly connected to existing walking/cycling/driving commuter routes
• Contemporary activation of the site’s unique architectural history
• Creation of parks and public gathering space
• Adherence to LEED-ND project guidelines
• Strong emphasis on promoting local business
HIGHLIGHTS: COMMUNITY & SUSTAINABILITY
PRIMARY TRADE AREA
Primary Trade Area
Includes the entire City of Victoria, the
Town of View Royal, as well as the District
Municipalities of Saanich, Esquimalt, and
Oak Bay. It also includes the eastern portion
of the District Municipality of Highlands.
Over half (60%) of The Roundhouse’s
potential customers reside within 5
kilometres of the centre and just over 7 in
10 (71.1%) live within a 10 minute drive time.
• 83,000 live within 3 km of Bayview Place
• Average Household Incomes <1km from site:
• 2013 estimated: $92,681
• 2016 projected: $105,785
• 2018 projected: $112,566
• 2023 projected: $134,846
• Captive Audience of 2,000 within adjacent residential
• Major Residential Developments within walking distance:
• Dockside Green
• Northern Junk Building
HIGHLIGHTS: PRIMARY TRADE AREA
Victoria is a world-renowned destination.
Victoria’s moderate climate, vast natural
beauty, easy access to recreational activities
and rich cultural community have fueled
growth at a steady pace for decades.
Victoria West is quickly becoming Victoria’s
newest spot for growth. A vibrant mix of
urban professionals, families and baby
boomers enjoy Victoria West’s proximity
to Victoria, and the close connection to the
• Victoria set to grow by 25% by 2026
• Victoria West set to grow by 33%
• Household income 10% higher than national average
• 3.65 million tourists per year
• Over 3,000 units of new residential housing to Victoria’s downtown core (Victoria
West accounts for 1,600 of them)
• Victoria boasts a growing tech sector with over 800 companies generating 2.6
billion in annual revenue
• Three universities make the area continually attractive to millenials
• Growing 24/7 ethos in the city, with more varied and lively dynamics arriving to
E & N RAIL
New Residential Developments
Northern Junk Building
Fairmont Empress Hotel
BC Parliament Buildings
Float Plane Terminal
Delta Ocean Pointe Resort
Point Hope Shipyard
Johnson St Bridge
Travel To Vancouver:
Air: 20 minutes, Ferry: 1.5hrs = 1.25hrs driving.
Travel To Seattle:
Air: 45 minutes, Ferry: 3hrs.
WALKING MAP LEGEND
INVITATION & CONTACT
The Roundhouse at Bayview Place is the logical and optimal location to launch and
establish a solid long term presence in the Victoria and Vancouver Island market.
On behalf of Patricia and Kenneth Mariash, Focus Equities cordially invites you to an
information session, and a personalized tour of The Roundhouse at Bayview Place.
Tel: (250) 388-9924
80 Saghalie Rd., Victoria, B.C.