Book Recipes - Green Local Schools
Pumpkin Pie in a Cup
Featured Book: The SillyTurkey Party by Steve
Metzger, illustrated by Jim Paillot (Scholastic, 2009).
Featured Book: Miss Fiona's
by Mark Kimball Moulton,
illustrated by Karen Hillard
Crouch (Ideals Children's
2 fudge-striped cookies
1 Hershey kiss
1 piece of licorice twist
6 pieces of candy corn
1 can of pumpkin pie filling/mix
2 boxes of vanilla instant
4 cups of milk
1 container of Cool Whip
1 box of graham crackers or
1 large cup cake paper liner
1 small cup
1 plastic knife
1 small paper plate
1. Cover the bottom of one cookie with icing and place it, icing down, in the
paper cupcake holder.
2. Ice the second cookie. Place it up, behind the first cookie.
3. Add a Hershey kiss in the middle of the second cookie-this is your
4. Add a small amount of icing to the back of each M&M and put each M&M
to the side of the Hershey kiss-these are your turkey's eyes.
5. Cut a small piece of licorice strip, place this next to the Hershey kiss-this
is your turkey's waddle.
6. Use 6 pi eces of candy corn and place on the front side, but on the back of
your second cookie-these are your turkey's feathers.
Litt le Mouse Recipe
Featured Book: If You Take a Mouse
to School by Laura Numeroff,
illustrated by Felicia Bond (HarperCollins, 2002).
1 oatmeal cookie
Marshmallow Fluff Creme
3 M&Ms candy pieces
6 Pretzel sticks
Mixing bo wl
on the box
2. Mix the can of pumpkin
pie fill ing with the chilled
3. Smash the graham crackers.
4. Fill a cup with a layer of
graham cracker crumbs or
vanilla wafers. This will be your
bottom, or pie crust.
5. Spoon pumpkin/pudding
mixture into each cup.
6.Top each cup with a spoonful
of Cool Whip
Plastic knife for spreading
Direc tion s:
1. Spread the marshmallow fluff on the top side of the oatmeal cookie.
2. Put Neccos on the marshmallow-these are the two ears.
3. Arrange the 3 M&Ms-these are the eyes and the nose.
4. Put on th e 6 pretze ls-these are the whiskers.
All fin ished cooking products by
School Library MonthlyNolume XXVII, Number 2/November 2010
tan, a student.