Pumpkin Salted Caramel Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Salted Caramel
Active Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 60 min.
• 1 (17.5-oz) pouch sugar cookie mix
• 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
• 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened and divided
• 1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 cup butterscotch morsels
• Cooking spray
• 2/3 cup marshmallow crème
• 3 tablespoons caramel sundae topping
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine in large bowl: cookie mix and flour. Add pumpkin, 1/3 cup butter, cinnamon, and egg; stir until
dough forms. Stir in morsels.
2. Drop by tablespoonsful, 2-inches apart onto baking sheet. Coat tops with spray; lightly press cookies to flatten slightly.
Bake 10–12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on pan 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool
completely (about 20 minutes).
3. Place in medium bowl: marshmallow crème, remaining 1/3 cup butter, caramel, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and salt. Mix with
electric blender until blended and smooth.
4. Spread about 1 tablespoon filling on bottom of each cookie. To assemble: gently press two cookies together. (Or for individual cookies,
spread filling over top of each cookie.) Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Serve.
© Publix Asset Management Company 2014. All rights Reserved.