Smart Landscaping Textiles
Biocovers is the first 100% biodegradable
and compostable weed control mat.
Weeds don’t stand a chance and the
mat facilitates the growth of the newly
installed plants and trees. By using
Biocovers the use of synthetic mats or
herbicides can be avoided.
• Ecological weed control
• 100% made of plant material
• Easy to handle and transport
• No maintenance, no herbicides
In cooperation with:
BIOCOVERS: BIODEGRADABLE AND COMPOSTABLE
Biocovers is the first 100% biodegradable and compostable weed suppression fabric
which fully breaks down into nutritious matter leaving no synthetic residues.
WHY USING BIOCOVERS?
• Biocovers is the ideal and sustainable solution for landscaping and roadside planting;
after installation Biocovers requires no maintenance.
• Biocovers stimulates the growth of plants by its outstanding water and air permeability.
• UV stable: no need to cover with mulch or bark. Biocovers doesn’t shrink when
exposed to sunlight.
• Prevents surface erosion.
• Biocovers is easy to transport, cut and install.
• Biocovers is available in different weights and dimensions.
• Dig the ends of the mat in the soil (minimum 10 cm deep).
3. Make Y-shape incisions for planting.
4. After planting, close the mat carefully and if necessary close
the incision with a pin.
De Saedeleir Technical Nonwoven
Hoogveld 90, 9200 Dendermonde
Tel: + 32 52/25.83.50
2. • Fix the mat carefully with U-shaped pins.
1. Free the surface of weeds and flatten the
HOW TO INSTALL BIOCOVERS?