Balsamic Glazed Vegetables and Goat`s Cheese Pithivier
Balsamic Glazed Vegetables
and Goat’s Cheese Pithivier
Pithivier Serves 4
1 red onion - sliced
1 red pepper - sliced
1 courgette - peeled into ribbons
1 garlic clove
1 sprig of thyme
25ml olive oil
25ml balsamic vinegar
25g demerara sugar
8 disks of puff pastry - 15cm diameter
4 slices goat’s cheese - 1cm thick
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 egg - beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C/fan 180˚C/gas mark 6.
2. Coat the peppers, onions, garlic and thyme in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sugar.
Roast for 20-25 minutes until soft and caramelised.
3. Blanch courgette ribbons in seasoned boiling water and refresh.
4. Evenly place 4 puff pastry disks onto two parchment-lined baking trays.
5. Place a spoonful of the caramelised vegetables
into the centre of each disk and top with
courgette ribbons and a slice of goats cheese.
6. Place another puff pastry disk on top and seal
together with the beaten egg, crimping the sides
well. Egg wash the top, and decorate by scoring
the top with curving lines from centre to edge.
7. Bake at 175˚C for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
“We love to make these. French
bakery recipes are among the
best in the world.”
Chef at Sunrise of Edgbaston
Samantha was a Regional Finalist at the Care
Cook of the Year competition 2014.