Senior Epidemiologist â Global Epidemiology
Senior Epidemiologist – Global Epidemiology
Boehringer-Ingelheim is looking for a Senior Epidemiologist to join the corporate department of
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies.
Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 142 affiliates and more than 47,400
employees. Since it was founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed to
researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel medications of high therapeutic value
for human and veterinary medicine.
Global Epidemiology within Boehringer Ingelheim evaluates target populations and products in real
world settings across all therapeutic areas throughout the product lifecycle.
This is a unique opportunity for you to use and advance your professional skills in a demanding
international field of work by joining an international, growing, young and highly-motivated team.
Your job and key responsibilities
Your role will be to ensure strategic epidemiological management of one or more products within a
therapeutic area, including use of innovative methods and pathways, to proactively generate real
world data for comparative safety and effectiveness research, and to provide epidemiological advice
to various internal and external stakeholders.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Define and develop the epidemiological strategy for BI products under his/her responsibility by
adequately and timely designing, planning, initiating, and supervising non-interventional studies
- Ensure alignment of all functions’ needs with regard to non-interventional studies
- Efficiently communicate the epidemiological strategy to all internal stakeholders
- Ensure review and give high quality input to critical review assessments, expert statements,
publications, and study proposals from internal and external sources
- Timely and appropriately develop epidemiological sections for submission relevant documents
(e.g. Risk Management plans, DSURs, etc.)
- Initiate and supervise development of new processes and SOPs relevant to the implementation
of epidemiology at BI and customize existing systems
- Contribute actively to the achievement of team goals; serve as contact and mentor for junior
epidemiologists within the department
- Publish epidemiological study results in peer-reviewed journals
You hold a Masters’ Degree in (pharmaco)epidemiology with at least five (5) years and/or Doctoral
Degree (in (pharmaco)epidemiology) with at least three (3) years of pharmacoepidemiological
experience (including experience with claim/electronic medical record databases), with profound
mathematical/statistical skills and medical/pharmacological knowledge. You have also one (1) to
three (3) years’ experience in leading projects, with an international exposure in daily business and
experience in at least one (1) of our key therapeutic areas (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Metabolic,
Oncology, Neurology, Immunology). Industry experience, pharmacovigilance knowledge, and/or SAS
skills would be a plus.
Personally you convince with:
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken) and well-developed multi-cultural
- Ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner, and to communicate technical areas
clearly to non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, juggle priorities, and deliver on tight
- Aptitude to work under pressure within a highly-matrixed environment, and with strong
- You are proactive, highly responsible, accountable, creative, and flexible with international
For more detailed information, please contact Frank Kirchberger, phone +49 (0) 61 32 - 77 95 020 or
send an email to [email protected] We also recommend you have a look at
our website www.boehringer-ingelheim.com.
Please send your CV with cover letter to [email protected] no later than 30