What is permaculture advantages and disadvantages
What is permaculture: advantages and disadvantages?
Have you heard about permaculture community Australia? This tries to go a little further than organic
farming and was born in the 70s in Australia as part of the design of stable and sustainable agricultural
systems. It can be considered as a part of the ecology that wants to end the use of agrochemicals and
pollution in general, as well as promoting the sustainable, equitable and healthy, to maintain a proper
relationship with the environment and not squeeze it and exhaust it in a while.
Basic principles of permaculture
The principles of Permaculture course Australia are simple and focused on being able to achieve in the
most appropriate way possible what we have discussed so far, both for people and for the environment as a
Take care of the earth.
Take care of the people.
Supply with renewable energy.
Equitable distribution of wealth.
Design of the natural landscape.
Organize social structures.
Principles of permaculture design
In addition to the principles discussed, there are principles of Permaculture Sunshine Coast and the main
ones are the following:
• Integration: in the design, everything is integrated in a sustainable way and that remains, that produces in
a rational way allowing the medium to be compensated.
Relative location: the elements must be placed in a way that helps each other, as a symbiosis.
• The interaction: the functions are carried out in different alternative ways by different related elements.
For example, getting water can be done in different ways that must be alternated so as not to exhaust any.
The planning of energy: the use of energy must be directed to the saving of these, which are as
autonomous as possible so that the different sectors of culture and construction are placed in a way that this
• Self-sufficiency: although it is one of the objectives of permaculture, self-sufficiency is also a means to
achieve an integrated system as well. Self-sufficient environments are independent of commerce.
• Local development: development is sought in the most local way possible, since this is how you can find
a balance with the natural environment, practicing the local economy and social spaces aimed at this type of
balanced consumption that allows the environment to compensate
• Cooperation and solidarity: permaculture promotes a sense of community and unity, so all projects are
cooperative and not focused on the use of individual or commercial globally.
Main advantages of permaculture
Thus, there are many benefits that we can obtain from PDC Australia, but to mention the main ones in
Green Ecology we highlight the following advantages of permaculture:
It allows you to live healthier than most of today's society.
• It is cultivated and consumed seasonally according to the real needs of the body in each season of the
The resources used come from nature and the immediate environment, so the initial costs are lower.
It is not necessary to use large machines or intensive work to increase the productivity of the land.