How To make Ras malai at home
How To Cook Spongy & Delicious Ras
Malai At Home!
Is your sweet tooth craving for the tastiest Indian dessert? Unable to find a perfect
savour? Well, how about Ras Malai? The soft, spongy and delicious Ras Malai
cake will definitely cease your hunger for sweet! Though a Bengali delicacy, yet it
is one of the most popular desserts for sweet lovers. How about planning to prepare
melt in the mouth rasmalai at home!
Preparing kasari rasmalai sweet at home is not a difficult task. All you need to do
is, gather the rasmalai ingredients and follow the easy rasmalai recipe!
Master Chefs, make this festive season delicious with the best homemade Ras
Malai! Try your hands now!
• Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove the boiled milk from heat
and add citric acid or lemon juice to it.
• Stir slowly until the white curd is formed on the surface. Once, it is
separated from whey, strain the milk using a clean cloth to get the remaining
• The curd that is obtained is called ‘Chenna’. Wash it well under cold
• Knead Chenna to form smooth dough. Add the refined flour and knead
• Divide the dough into equal parts, prepare small balls and keep them aside.
• Now, it’s time to make sugar syrup. In order to prepare the syrup, mix sugar
and water in a saucepan & bring it to boil.
• Add Chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure to
partially cover the pan with lid. The Chenna dumplings will puff up!
• Remove the saucepan from flame. On cooling, add rose essence to
dumplings and keep aside.
• Boil milk in a heavy base saucepan & bring it boil.
• Once the milk is boiled, reduce the flame to medium and cook until it
becomes creamy & thick. Do not forget to stir the milk occasionally to
prevent its sticking to the pan.
• Now, add sugar to the thick creamy milk, cook for 5 minutes and turn the
• Once the milk gets cold, add the previously prepared Chenna dumplings to
it. Garnish with Pistachio and Almond flakes.
• Refrigerate and serve chilled!
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
Visit here for full recipe at home