FOR SALE

Comments

Transcription

FOR SALE
FOR SALE
‘HISTORIC LAMPLIGHTER INN TAVERN & GRILLE’
60 N. BOTHWELL STREET (DOWNTOWN BUSINESS DISTRICT)
PALATINE, IL
OFFERING:
Lamplighter Inn Tavern & Grille
Property, Business, and FF&E
(Owners Retiring after 38 Years)
PRICING:
Call for Details
PREMISES:
5,532 SF Restaurant/ Bar
(Excluding Full Basement Used for
Storage/ Cooler)
Two (1) Bedroom Apartments
(617 SF & 650 SF)
Tim Billimack
Managing Broker
815.355.0196
[email protected]
BUSINESS:
Historic Bar & Dining Room
Full Restaurant/ Carry Out Service
2nd Floor Banquet/ Stage Area
680 SF Covered Beer Garden
Weekly Live Music
3:00 A.M. Liquor License (Fri/Sat)
PARKING:
Street Parking Surrounds Property
Municipal Parking Lot/ Next Door
UPGRADES:
In 2002, Carry-Out and Apartments
Were Remodeled, and New Tin
Roof, HVAC Units, and Water
Heaters Installed
FEATURES:
Heart of Palatine’s Central Business
District, Across Street from Metra
Northwestern Line, Adjacent to
High End Multi-Family Housing,
Strong Daytime Population
www.lamplighters.com
WEBSITE:
Blue Chip Commercial Real Estate, 1410 Lake Avenue, Village of Lakewood, IL 60014
www.bluechipcommercialre.com
NEIGHBORHOOD MAP
Tim Billimack
Managing Broker
815.355.0196
[email protected]
Blue Chip Commercial Real Estate, 1410 Lake Avenue, Village of Lakewood, IL 60014
www.bluechipcommercialre.com
FEATURED PHOTOS
Blue Chip Commercial Real Estate, 1410 Lake Avenue, Village of Lakewood, IL 60014
www.bluechipcommercialre.com
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The building where Lamplighter Inn is located today was built in the late 1850's. The first floor (now the basement of Lamplighters) was partly below grade level and was used as a meeting hall at times. In the rear of the
building at an outside entrance was a barbershop owned by George Kuebler. The second floor, up a few steps
from the ground housed a bakery. The third, or present second floor, was a large meeting hall. It was here that
the Masonic Lodge was organized in 1859. In the early 1900's the first floor was lower and is now the basement
of the building.
During the Civil War and until 1868 the older school children attended classes here while the lower grades remained in a one-story building on Wood Street, which was replaced in 1868 by a two story school building on
Wood Street that eventually housed all of the students.
Approximately 1870 the Immanuel Lutheran Church used the ground floor room while they were organizing
their church. The Palatine Methodists rented the top floor of the building in 1868 while they remodeled and
again in 1895 while the congregation was building a new brick church.
In 1904 the Mason's moved to their new building at the Northeast corner of Palatine Road and Plum Grove
Road and sold the building to Charles Rappolt who had a bakery on the second floor.
By 1934 the building belonged to Dick Sanford and was known as Dick's Tavern. You will see many pictures
around the bar from this period in time. Some time between 1929 and 1934 the original front door of the building was moved from the center front of the building to the corner of the building, where you currently enter.
One morning, a Palatine resident came into Dick's Tavern and shot Sanford's daughter, Alice, and piano player
Ed Batterman. The killer then shot himself. Both the gunman and Batterman died that night. Alice spent the rest
of her life in a nursing home with a bullet lodged in her head.
From approximately 1956-1975 the building was owned by Al Zwirblis and was know as Mac and Al's Bar.
In 1974 the Bellanca family proposed purchase of the building. After almost a year long negotiation the village
voted to surrender the license owned by Zwirblis and issue a new license to Bellanca, Inc. with the understanding that the clientele would be upgraded and not be so prominent in the local police blotter. The business was
renamed Lamplighter Inn. With all the paperwork behind them, the Bellanca family opened up the new tavern in
November of 1975 and have enjoyed serving it's patrons.
When you visit Lamps for a cocktails or a meal, you are experiencing a part of Palatine's history...
Tim Billimack
Managing Broker
815.355.0196
[email protected]
Blue Chip Commercial Real Estate, 1410 Lake Avenue, Village of Lakewood, IL 60014
www.bluechipcommercialre.com
STREET MAP & DEMOGRAPHICS
LAMPLIGHTER INN
TAVERN & GRILLE
DEMOGRAPHICS
1 MILE
3 MILES
5 MILES
2013 Est. Population
14,054
102,467
240,361
$81,516
$97,297
$103,068
6,177
40,122
93,237
2013 Est. Average
Tim Billimack
T: 815.355.0196
Email: [email protected]
Income
2013 Est. Households
Disclaimer: Blue Chip Commercial Real Estate, LLC is the owner’s designated agent and makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of this information contained
herein. The information has been obtained through sources deemed reliable; however, it is up to the purchaser to conduct due diligence prior to sale or lease.

Similar documents