Citizen Service Request Dashboard Written
CITIZEN SERVICE REQUEST
1. FINDING AN ADDRESS
Type in the street address or street
name you wish to locate and click
2. ZOOM TO ADDRESS & REPORT ISSUE
Once your address is located, a window will pop up over
the location you’ve requested.
Click on ‘Zoom to’.
Next, Click on ‘Report Issue’ at the top of the page.
3. CHOOSE THE ISSUE
Once you click on ‘Report Issue’, a
window will pop up on the left side
of your screen.
Click on the issue type you want to
NOTE: You may need to us the
scroll bar on the right side to view
all of the request choices.
4. ADD ISSUE POINT AT LOCATION
Click on the map in the location of the issue. You can click
right on the target or anywhere in that area.
FILL OUT ATTRIBUTE INFORMATION ON REQUEST FORM
•Go through the request form and fill in as much information as
•‘Type’ will automatically be populated
•‘ServiceSubType’ will only need to populated if there is a subtype. Ex.
A ‘Street Sign’ Issue Type could be ‘Stop (red)’ as a ‘ServiceSubType’.
There will be a dropdown arrow if this is to be populated.
•‘Email’ is most crucial to be correct, as it is how you will be notified
throughout the service request process.
•‘Name’ & ‘Phone’ are also important for notification purposes.
•‘Description’ should be populated with a short description of the issue
you are reporting.
•‘LocationDescription’ is also crucial to have the correct address or
location (intersection, or other helpful descriptors) so the appropriate
town staff can locate the issue for review and correcting the problem.
•You can attach documents or pictures pertaining to your request! See
next page for directions on this before moving on to last step.
You may need to pan down to view the entire
Request Form as well as scrolling. To pan, hold
down the left mouse button just to the right of the
request window and drag down. If you click outside
the window and do not hold the button down, the box
will disappear. Just click back on the point that
you’ve created and the box will reappear for you to
•Click on ‘OK’ and the request will be submitted to the Town Hall or
appropriate town building for assignment.
Once you close the website, the icon for
the service request that you have added
will disappear until the request has been
assigned to a town employee.
ATTACHING YOUR MAP TO A SERVICE REQUEST
1. At the bottom of the
Report Issue Window, Click
on ‘Show Attachments’
2. Click on ‘Choose a file to attach’
4. Click ‘Submit’
3. Locate the file you want to attach and click
5. If you are done attaching documents, click ‘Show
Attributes’ to return to the Report Issue Window and you
will see the documents you have attached in the
PROCESSING THE SERVICE REQUEST:
1. Once you have submitted your request, an acknowledgment email will be sent to you with the information
that you have given on the request form.
2. After the request is submitted to the town, it will
be ‘Assigned’ to the appropriate office. Once this
happens, you will receive a notification through
email with a status changed to ‘Assigned’.
3. Once the request has been ‘Assigned’, the
icon will reappear on the dashboard
website as the appropriate icon for the
request that you have submitted.
SERVICE REQUEST FILTER
This filter lets you see only the requests during
a certain time period.
This feature lets you search on either a shape or Feature ID
SEARCHING BY SHAPE
1. Choose the type of shape you want to create your search
2. Click on the map until you’ve selected the area you are
1. Choose the type of service request under ‘ALL Types’ pull
2. Choose what the criteria is (Last Modified, Assigned,
3. Choose the time period (On, Before, After and Between)
THE DISPLAY WILL AUTOMATICALLY SHOW WHAT
4. Click the ‘Reset’ button to clean and go back to the original
3. The feature you’ve selected will show up in a list on the left
side of your screen. The binoculars on the map show each of
the selected features.
SEARCH FEATURE continued….
SEARCHING BY FEATURE ID
Select the Search By Attribute Button in the center.
2. Type in the Service Request ID (This can be found in
the email for your request that you’ve submitted)
3. Click ‘Search’
4. Click on the ID Box that appears in the Features Selected area
of the Search Window and it the map will zoom to the feature
5. Close the search windows until you see
just the icons for the requests in the window.
You can click on the point to see the
information about that point in the view
DRAW AND MEASURE TOOL
This tool will allow you to mark up areas on the map.
You will also be able to print or attach them to any service requests.
The following items are available in the markup window:
Shapes (Click on shape and then on the map to draw)
Style of fill
Alpha (Text Height)
Outline of Shape Color
Width of Shape Outline
Check box for showing measurements
Area units & Distance units for labeling polygons
NOTE: You can delete all the markups by clicking on ‘Clear drawings’ or manually by picking them on screen,
right clicking and choosing ‘Clear’
You can pick which service
requests you want to view by
putting a check in the box next to
the appropriate request or activity
CHANGES THE VIEW TO SHOW
Changes the view to the aerial
photo as a background
CHANGES THE VIEW TO SHOW
THE STREET MAP
PRINTING YOUR MAP
1. Click ‘Print’ on the Dashboard Toolbar at the top of the page
2. Add your ‘Title’ and ‘Subtitle’
and click ‘Print’
3. Choose your printer and print or save your map as a pdf using a pdf writer.