September Monthly Report 2015
September 2015 Monthly
- Over the past month our biggest concern continues with windows
being busted out of building throughout the district. Ambassadors
received several call from property owners concerning this matter.
- Ambassadors are also seeing an uptick in panhandling around Smith
Park and near restaurants during the lunch hour. We have made
adjustments to our Safety Ambassadors pipe tour to combat this
- With the cooler weather approaching we are seeing an increase inthe
homeless leaving sleeping bags on benches and in doorway entrances
of buildings throughout the district.
- We are also seeing an increase with the homeless drinking alcohol
throughout the district and Smith Park during the day. Ambassadors
have made JPD aware of this activity.
Charles Johnson blowing leaves from sidewalk.
Ambassadors provided coverage for the following events:
- JSU Downtown Campus Grand Opening (Downtown Campus)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Fun Day (Smith Park)
- College Talent Show (Wasabi)
- Central MS Realtors General Membership Meeting (Convention
- Music in the City (Museum of Art)
- Jackson 2000 Luncheon (Art Center)
- ITT Tech Graduation (Convention Center)
- We Are Jackson Food Truck (Smith Park)
- Feed Our Neighbors 5K (St Andrews Church)
Kantrisha Turner and Calvin Jackson assisting
- ACLU Jazz Brunch (Convention Center)
- ACLU of MS Fall Meeting (Convention Center)
- 7th Annual Project Homeless Connect Week (Galloway)
- Screen on the Green (Museum of Art)
- MDMH Division Children’s & Youth Services Conference
Page 2 of 5
- Farish Street Heritage Festival (Farish Street District)
- Gumbo Festival (Smith Park)
- The Price Is Right (Thalia Mara)
Kantrisha Turner waking homeless woman from
sleeping on sidewalk.
Page 3 of 5
City Garbage Cans Emptied -- Month Vs. Month
Notice there was a decrease in city garbage cans emptied for September 2015 vs August 2015; much attributed
to less pedestrian foot traffic.
Graffiti - Removed -- Month Vs. Month
Notice graffiti numbers for September 2015; we attribute this to campaign signs and stickers placed throughout
Trash (lbs) -- Month Vs. Month
Notice there were no major changes for trash collected for September 2015 vs August 2015.
Page 4 of 5
Panhandling - Passive -- Month Vs. Month
Notice there was an increase in passive panhandling for September 2015 vs August 2015, much attributed to the
homeless hanging out after events throughout the district.
Request for Police / Fire / EMS / Assistance -- Month Vs. Month
Notice that there were two requests for police assistance in September 2015; much attributed to an increase in
Panhandling - Aggressive -- Month Vs. Month
Notice there was an increase in aggressive panhandling for September 2015 vs August 2015; we attribute this to
more of the homeless drinking alcohol throughout the district.
Page 5 of 5
Powered by TCPDF (www.tcpdf.org)