F F2FAMILY 2 FAMILY
F A M I LY 2 FAMILY
The St. George’s Parents Association (SGPA) established
this program to welcome new families and to help
familiarize them with all that the School has to offer.
FAMILY 2 F A MI LY
The program pairs a current St. George’s family with a family who has a son (in the
same grade wherever possible) starting at the School in September of each year.
All families, new or current, with a son joining St. George’s School in September are
welcome to participate.
Providing a friendly contact and a go-to resource to new families before school starts
helps new parents and boys better transition to the School, and starts the collegial
atmosphere from the beginning of their time at Saints. Whether you are a current or
new family, every grade and year offers a different social network, so this program
was established to extend the inclusive St. George’s community to all.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Once you sign up, your family will be paired with a current family, who will contact
you by email or telephone to:
• Help with any questions you or your son(s) may have
• Make an arrangement to meet up over the summer and/or at the Welcome Back
BBQ before the first day of school
• Provide a familiar face when school starts in the fall
New families have said:
• They receive individual welcomes and dinner invitations.
• They enjoy seeing friendly faces for their sons prior to school starting and for
themselves at the School’s social events.
• They enjoy having a grade-specific resource to help them navigate the first few
weeks leading up to and following the start of school.
• Their son’s nervousness about joining a new school is minimized.
Existing families have said:
• Parents and sons have enjoyed being ambassadors for the School.
• They enjoy providing local assistance to sons of families who do not reside in
This program is invaluable for families new to the school and is a wonderful opportunity
for current families to share the knowledge and experience they have built at St. George’s.
PLEASE SIGN UP and HELP SHARE THE WONDERFUL SPIRIT OF OUR SCHOOL!
For more information, please contact:
Dominique Anderson: [email protected] | 604-222-5882
“ I appreciate Saints’ thoughtfulness in welcoming
new families…I have been in contact with our buddy
family by email and by phone. They have invited
my son and me over to their home for dinner the
day after we arrive in Vancouver, and will take us
shopping to get a rain coat and winter coat for my
son. We are looking forward to meeting their family.”
“We have already had dinner
with our paired family and
it was a lovely experience.
While we are not completely
new to the school (our older
son joined Saints a few years
ago), this is a great idea and
we certainly wish we had this
when our eldest started.”
“I have met our buddy family…We had a good time
talking…and got lots of useful information. This
program has helped us very much.”
JUNIOR CAMPUS: 3851 West 29th Avenue, Vancouver, BC Canada V6S 1T6
SENIOR CAMPUS: 4175 West 29th Avenue, Vancouver, BC Canada V6S 1V1