Position: Medical... Program: Sexual Health and Education Program Reports to: LVN Supervisor
Sexual Health and Education Program
100%; Full-time; Non-exempt; Union
Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance; also including Long Term Disability,
an Employee Assistance program, and a 403B retirement plan.
Under supervision of the Spot LVN Supervisor and in coordination with the Program Manager and Provider, the Medical Assistant
serves as an integral member of the Sexual Health and Education Program satellite clinic, the Spot, by stocking and preparing
supplies and equipment, providing direct care, coordinating consultations and serving as an intermediary between patients and
their healthcare provider.
1) Assures that the examination rooms are always properly stocked with equipment, disposable exam materials, and ensures that
each exam room is set up in the same way;
2) Prepares the medical record prior to each visit, assures that all test results are available for review by the clinician with each
3) Prepares the patient for the clinical visit, including taking vital signs, prepares necessary instruments, equipment, etc as
needed for the visit;
4) Give injections and places skin tests as directed by licensed clinical staff;
5) Draws venous blood samples as per existing protocol;
6) Collects specimens for cultures as per existing protocol;
7) Complete laboratory requisitions for each test ordered and administered;
8) Assists patients in completing necessary forms required for testing as per existing protocols;
9) Maintains exam room supplies, inventory and compiles and faxes supply order lists to the County Lab;
10) Maintains exam room temperature charts and equipment’s quality controls, as required by existing protocols;
11) Assist in data auditing tasks;
12) Use standard office machinery including personal computers in performance of duties;
13) The requirement to comply with OSHA, HIPAA and other applicable regulations;
14) Participate in staff meetings as required.
15) Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented, and maintain strict confidentiality of medical information;
2) Good verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
3) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a
4) Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills desired.
TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND LICENSURE:
1) Medical Assistant certification from approved training program.
2) Current AHA CPR certification
3) National MA certification preferred
The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity,
marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, and Veteran status, or age.
E-mail resume and cover letter as a word attachment to [email protected]
Or submit application/resume to: L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, Human Resources Dept, 1625 N. Schrader Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028