SAVORY CREPES RECIPE BY - the Inn at Europa Village
RECIPE BY: Dean A. Thomas CEC CCE
YIELD: 6-8 Crepes
“This savory crepe recipe is SO versatile. One can fill with almost any ingredient for dinner, lunch or for our guests
MOST favorite breakfasts here at the Inn at Europa Village.”
4 each Large Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 TB Course Black Pepper
2 TB Cut Chives
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Cup Clarified Butter
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Mix the eggs, milk, water, flour, salt, and butter for 5 seconds, or until smooth. Stir down and repeat if necessary.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (2 hours is preferable) or up to 24 hrs.
2. Gently stir the batter if it has separated. Heat a seasoned 6 or 7 inch nonstick crêpe pan over medium-high heat
until hot. (Use a 9 or 10 inch pan for larger crêpes.)
3. Coat the pan lightly with butter, lift the pan from the heat, and pour in 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter for a 6 or 7 inch
pan, or about 1/4 cup for a 9 or 10 inch pan, tilting and rotating the pan to coat the surface.
4. Cook until almost dry on top and lightly browned on the edges, about 1 minute.
5. Loosen the edges with a metal spatula and flip the crêpe over using your fingers or the spatula, then cook the other
side for about 15 seconds, or until lightly browned.
6. Turn the crêpe out onto a clean paper towel to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter, wiping the pan with butter as
needed and stacking the crêpes as they are cooked.