Bedok - Urban Redevelopment Authority
How towns are planned
The detailed planning and implementation of plans for each
town is a joint effort of many government agencies.
Disclaimer: This brochure aims to give a broad idea of future developments in
the next five years and does not form part of the Draft Master Plan 2013. All
information provided is updated as at October 2013 but may be subject to change
depending on developmental needs. While reasonable endeavours have been
made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, locations shown in the
maps as well as illustrations are indicative only, and the Urban Redevelopment
Authority disclaims all liability for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever that may
arise as a result of any inaccuracy, error or omission in the information.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
Artist’s Impression of Outdoor Play Corridor
Cycling Along Siglap Canal
Artist’s Impression of Integrated Transport Hub
Artist’s Impression of Future Bedok Reservoir Station
Telok Kurau Park
Artist’s Impression of Future Bedok Town Plaza
For more information and photo credits, visit the Draft Master Plan 2013 exhibition
website at www.ura.gov.sg/MS/DMP2013.
Bedok town centre will be
revitalized with a new hawker
centre and town plaza, as
well as an air-conditioned bus
interchange connected to a
shopping mall and condominium.
A new integrated complex
comprising a community club,
sports facilities, library and
polyclinic is also being planned.
In addition, Bedok will have new
park connectors, cycling routes
and walkways, while the new
Downtown and Eastern Region
MRT lines will bring about
shorter journeys to the city.
Our towns are planned with a comprehensive range of
facilities to meet the needs of current and future residents.
These include housing, shops, schools, libraries, sports
facilities, community clubs and parks – all important in
ensuring a liveable, self-sufficient town. The facilities are
carefully distributed across each town to ensure good
accessibility, supported by an efficient transport network.
Most towns also have commercial nodes and other
employment centres such as industrial estates and business
parks within the town or nearby, to provide job opportunities
close to homes. These facilities and employment centres will
be developed according to demand.
K RESERVOIR RD
/ Cycling Routes
/ Cycling Routes
TH AVE 2
S T RD
New parks at Bedok North Road, Bayshore Road, Telok Kurau and Jalan Kembangan
A new landscaped outdoor play corridor to provide direct cycling and pedestrian links between Bedok Reservoir Park and East Coast Park
Bedok’s appeal springs in part from the many parks and
waterbodies within easy reach of its residents, such as East
Coast Park, Bedok Reservoir Park and Bedok Town Park.
Its park connectors link to the Eastern Coastal Loop and
bring residents to Changi Beach Park and Pasir Ris Park.
In future, several initiatives will be implemented to bring
most of homes in Bedok to within 400m of parks or park
connectors. These include:
Residents can also look forward to enhanced leisure spots
to relax at, including:
• Enhancements at Sungei Bedok under PUB’s Active, Beautiful and Clean (ABC) Waters projects will enliven the water’s edge
• A proposed heritage trail that traces the cultural, coastal and culinary traditions in the East Coast
Leisure: New reasons to be outdoors
BEDOK SOUTH AVE 3
D EA ST
Future developments that residents can look
forward to include:
• A new Integrated Transport Hub with shopping centre (Bedok Mall) and condominium (Bedok Residences) integrated with bus interchange
• A new integrated community and sports complex at the town centre
• A new hawker centre with multi-storey carpark and town plaza
• A new healthcare facility at Bedok North Road
• A new nursing home at Chai Chee Street
will serve the needs of our elderly residents
Housing: A gracious environment for all
To provide more housing options
for Singaporeans, the Bayshore
area will be further opened up in
stages. Adding new life to Bedok
is the rejuvenation of Bedok town
centre, which will have new facilities and
Transport: Smoother, shorter journeys
Travelling within Bedok and to other parts of Singapore will
be faster and more convenient with the following transport
• Three MRT stations along the new Downtown Line
will serve Bedok Reservoir, Bedok North and Kaki Bukit by 2017. Subsequently, the new Eastern Region Line will serve Bedok South and provide residents along the East Coast with rail connection from Changi to the Central Business District when it is expected to be completed by around 2020.
• A new cycling network in Bedok
• New roads at the Bayshore Road area and at Kaki Bukit
• New road connection to East Coast Parkway
• Extension of Bedok South Road, and Bedok Road
• Improvement and extension of Bedok Industrial Park C
• Improvement of Bedok Reservoir Road, Bedok North Avenue 1, Bedok North Avenue 3, Bedok Rise, Tanah Merah Kechil Link/Road, Upper East Coast Road, Bayshore Road, Telok Kurau Road and Kaki Bukit Avenue 1
Economy: More jobs near home
While the industrial estates within Bedok have long provided
employment, new commercial and industrial areas are
being opened up to generate fresh opportunities for
jobseekers and entrepreneurs.
What residents can expect:
• Industrial sites at Kaki Bukit Road 4/Road 5 will be launched from 2015
• Continued expansion of the nearby Changi Business Park
• The nearby Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) will provide technical and design-
oriented educational opportunities and jobs
• The opening of Project Jewel and Terminal 4 at Changi Airport will provide thousands of new jobs and leisure opportunities