University of Maribor - JoinEU-SEE
UNIVERSITY OF MARIBOR
UNIVERSITY OF MARIBOR FACTS
• The beginnings of the higher education in Maribor were in 1859,
when the First School of Theology was established. During 19591961 there were several Independent Higher Education Institutions
and in 1975 the University of Maribor was established.
• 17 faculties (7 of them established in the past 6 years).
• 2 other members: Student dormitories and University library.
• 1 administrative unit-Rectorat, Sport centre Leon Štukelj, The
Residence Hall for Graduate Students and Visiting Professors.
• 23.500 students in 2009/2010.
• 1600 employees (1050 teaching staff).
Suzana Rizani, IRO UM
UNIVERSITY OF MARIBOR - FACULTIES
REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION OF THE FACULTIES
1. Faculty of Business and Economics
2. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
3. Faculty of Chemical Engineering
4. Faculty of Civil Engineering
5. Faculty of Electrical Engineering Computer Science and Informatics
6. Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences (Maribor and Rakičan)
7. Faculty of Law
8. Faculty of Education
9. Faculty of Organizational Sciences (Kranj)
10.Faculty of Criminal Justice (Ljubljana)
11.Faculty of Medicine
12.Faculty of Logistics (Celje and Krško)
13.Faculty of Health Sciences
14.Faculty of Arts
15.Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
16.Faculty of Energy Technology (brand new – Velenje and Krško)
17.Faculty of Tourism (brand new - Brežice)
-Three locations: at Tyrševa 23, Gosposvetska 83, Gorkega 45
- mostly double room
- 5-6 rooms share a kitchen
- internet connection in all rooms
- rooms available for handicapped students and their companions
ERASMUS STUDENT NETWORK
- a group of very positive, enthusiastic and friendly students, who already have international experience
- organizing Welcome week and trips to different Slovene regions, sport activities and parties for all ☺
- provide a mentor for every international student
- cooperating with other international student associations in Maribor with aim to bringing Slovene and foregin
- ensuring that everyone studying at the University in Maribor has an unforgettable time
RESTAURANTS AND LIBRARY
-Meal coupon is the cheapest way to get lunch (max 3,51eur)
-Each student can buy as many meal coupons as there are working days per month
- Student can register to library and use everything they have to offer
The capital of Styria, also known as the city under green Pohorje, is one of the sunniest places in Slovenia.
To the south of Maribor rises the Pohorje range, home to one of the largest ski centres in Slovenia,
where the world cup in alpine skiing for ladies, the Zlata lisica,
takes place. It offers countless ski slopes, walking and bicycle paths, adrenaline sports,
events at Snežni stadion, a sea of refreshing forests, meadows, and treasure houses of peace
and fresh air which provide a workshop for a healthy body and full spirit.
MARIBOR - Pohorje
World Cup Golden Fox – Zlata lisica
Free Wi Fi points in Maribor
Say it in Slovene
How are you?
I am fine.
I am not well.
How much is it?
What is your name?
Do you speak English?
I don’t understand.
I don’t know?
Kako ti je ime?