Basque Gâteau - potluckenglish
• We are four in our team: Jorge, Jon, Isa,
• We are 24, 22, 17 and 20 years old.
• Jorge & Isa live in Bilbao, Jon lives in Vitoria,
& Julian lives in Amurrio
• In this presentation we are going to show
you how to prepare a Basque Gâteau
• This dessert is traditional in the Basque
• It is very easy to prepare and it only takes
40 – 45 min
• These are all the ingredients we are going
We are going to divide the recipe in three parts
3 ½ oz
1qt 1fl oz
Cinnamon 1 unit
Short crust pastry
– 3,3 oz. Flour
– 2,5 oz. Butter
– A pinch of Salt
– Semolina Sugar
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 qt. Milk
– Egg 1 unit
– C/S of Rum
Mise en Place
• First: pour the ingredients for the shorcrust
pastry in the blender for about,10 min.
• Then: make a pastry cream. Mix the eggs, flour and
sugar. Heat the milk with the cinnamon. Add the
ingredients to the milk. Wait until it boils.
• Next: Line the pie pan with the shorcrust pastry and
add the pastry cream on top. Cover the gâteau with
more shorcrust pastry and draw with a fork prongs
some rhombus on top.
• Finally: paint the gateau with egg and bake at F
425º for about 40 to 50 min.