World Conscious Yoga Family teacher training at bodhi tree yoga
You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself.
World Conscious Yoga Family
teacher training at
bodhi tree yoga centre
Whether your looking to deepen your yoga practice or to
become a teacher, join Yogi Vishvaketu and World Yoga
Family for their intensive teacher training program.
200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered
Location: bodhi tree yoga centre, Calgary, AB
Dates: August 4 - August 29, 2008
Fee: $2600 +GST
Program of Study:
• Form, method of instruction, benefits and precautions of 108 asanas (postures),
10 pranayamas (breathing techniques) and 2 kriyas (cleansing techniques)
• Learning to create various class-styles: Gentle, Intermediate and Power Hatha yoga
• Teaching methodology, including yoga for diverse ages and student groups, such as:
prenatal yoga, yoga for children, and yoga for the elderly
• Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of yoga
• Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
• Introduction to Ayurveda, nutrition, and the yogic diet
• Ashtanga philosophy (the eight-fold path)
• Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, aphorisms giving insight into
profound yogic practices, as well as their life-transforming benefits
• Teaching practicum and feedback from the trainers
This program will be a unique blend of in-town and
retreat-style yoga study. The first three weeks will be
held at bodhi tree yoga centre in Calgary.
Training will run:
Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
During the final week (Sunday Aug. 24 - Friday Aug 29)
the training will move off site to Sylvan Lake. This
ashram-style retreat componate will be conducted at the
Sylvan Lake Baha’i Centre. It will be an intensive week
of mantra, meditation, asana, pranayama and teaching
practice leading up to graduation!
The meals and dormitory stay are included in the teacher training fee.
For more info or to register please contact:
[email protected] or call 1-888-827-9642