Installation Unit DR
Belt Lacing System DR
The MATO Hammer Installation Unit is a light weight aluminium tool with a modular
construction. It will install all DR fastener sizes, is simple and easy to use.
The MATO Installation Unit DR is available in different width, all tools are adaptable
for all belt width.
2. Square belt using Mato Belt cutter or centerline
3. Skive rough-top belt using Mato skiving products.
4. Determine number of fastener and twist off remaining
fasteners.Place belt on solid surface for support. Center
fastener strip, equal distance from the belt ends.
5. To set the lacing tool to the correct fastener size
remove clamping lever by turning counter clockwise.
Use Alun key and loosen screws
6. Place comb plate in correct position and tighten with
screws. Refit the clamping lever. The clamping must be
tight but allow the full movement of the lever to its end
1. View of DR - Installation Unit .
7. Center fastener strip in installation tool. Belt end must
be tight against fastener belt stops. Fastener must be tight
against the tool. Clamp the Belt with clamping levers.
8. Starting with the centre fastener plates, punch in
the staples using the punch and a 0,5 kg hammer.
Do not overdrive staples.
9. Install Fasteners at the belt ends next. Open
clamping levers and reposition tool than repeat
10. Follow the sequence shown above to install
all remaining fasteners.
11. Staples will be partially clinched.
12. Set fastener strip on a solid metal surface and
hit staples with the hammer until fully clinched.
Avoid hitting fastener loops.
13. Champfer trailing edges of the belt.
n i ng
14. Bring belt ends together and insert the lacing
pin. If retaining washer is used, crimp with pliers.